Chapter 20

"Game over! Winner is, Kodo Noboru!" the automated voice said.

"He won! He won!" Kiri and Kuguru exclaimed.

"IT LOOKS LIKE THE ELEMENTARY STUDENT, KODO NOBORU, OVERTOOK THE MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT, SHIDO MAGOROKU! WHAT AN UNEXPECTED WIN!" Paruko exclaimed as the crowd cheered.

"He seemed like he was struggling a lot in the beginning though... Was that why you said 'He'll need all the support he can get', senpai?" Gao asked curiously.

"You're starting to get a grip with my visions now!" Yuna said, petting his head roughly, but light enough to not hurt him.

Natsumi smiled at the two and then tugged at Yuna's sleeve a bit. 'What do you think they were talking about earlier?' she whispered.

Yuna's face expression dropped, shrugging as it did so.

"Hisako-senpai, I began writing a song for the both of us. It's not quite finished yet though, but you should tell your friends soon," Yuna said.

"Oh? That's good news! Alright, I'll tell them when we meet up later," she said happily.

"El Quixote, we won! I can't believe it, we actually won!" Noboru exclaimed as he walked to his locker.

"You did well, lad!" his buddy said.

"Noboru!" Yuna called as she got closer. "Congratulations!" she congratulated the boy.

"Thanks, senpai!" he said happily.

"Noboru, can I ask you something?"

Noboru's smile faltered as he waited for the girl to go on.

"What were you talking about with the student council?" Yuna asked as her voice lowered with seriousness.

Noboru's eyes widened a bit as he looked away from the girl. "...."

"He wanted you to do something, didn't he," she said more than asked.

Noboru's eyes lowered to the ground. "Y-yeah.. He tried to bribe me with a card and asked me to lose on purpose like last year," he told the girl hesitantly.

Yuna sighed as her eyelids lowered a bit. "Hey, Noboru. If anyone ever tries to cheat or tell you what to do, don't listen to them even if it's that student council freak," Yuna said in disgust.

Noboru shot a look at her and then smiled, holding in his laugh. "You don't like him very much, do you?" he asked, letting out his laugh softly.

Yuna smiled at the boy, glad that she was able to change his mood again. "Not at all. Just remember that and fight your own way, okay?" she told the boy, receiving a nod as an answer.

"Alright, let's head over to the group. Everyone is waiting to congratulate you," Yuna told the boy as she walked away.

"Congrats, dude!" Tetsuya exclaimed as he threw his arm up into the air.

Noboru flinched a bit, almost getting hit in the process. "A-ah thanks.." Noboru said, voice slightly fading away.

"I knew you could do it, kitten shirt!" Hanako exclaimed.

Noboru shot a frown over at the girl. "IT'S NOT A KITTEN, IT'S A TIGER!" he said.

Everyone laughed at the boy's words, causing him to lighten up and join in as well.

"Would you guys like to come over to my house today?" Yuna asked, making Noboru perk up at the sudden question.

"Can I have some dessert then?" he asked excitedly.