Chapter 26

'Buddy skill on!'

"Yuna, you should take a look at the sunset," Tasuku told the girl, gliding in the air at a strolling pace.

"I refuse," Yuna told him.

"Still? I thought you finally got over your fear… Just a peek?" the boy said, pouting a little and puffing up his cheeks.

"I, really, flat out refuse," the girl said, closing her eyes tighter.

"I won't drop you or anything, promise."

Yuna's body loosened up a little after being reassured by Tasuku. "Promise…?" she repeated.

"Will this prove to you that I'm not lying?" he sighed, bringing her up a little and kissing her cheek affectionately.

"…. Y-yes.." she muttered, pressing her face back onto his chest.

"Alright, lift your head up and away from my body slowly. You'll be fine," Tasuku said, shaking her a little.

Yuna did what Tasuku told her to do and slowly lifted her head away from his chest.

"Doing good so far. Now open your eyes."

Jack and Psy flew a circle around the two and stopped on either side of the two students as Tasuku slowed to a halt. Tasuku nudged Yuna's face with his own, asking her to open her eyes.

"Mmm… mm..!" Yuna groaned as her face was being nudged repeatedly.

"Alright already! I'll watch the sunset with you!" she exclaimed, a blush appearing on her cheeks as she said so.

Yuna slowly peeked at the setting sun with an eye and opened the other right after getting a view of a purple-blue sky colored with vibrant colors of pink, violet, orange and yellow.

"Wow, the sunset is so pretty…!" she said with awe, a soft smile appearing across her lips.

Tasuku smiled with relief and began gliding towards the sunset, heading to the police headquarter as they watched the bright sun slowly go down.

"Very pretty indeed. Just as beautiful as you," he muttered joyfully, glad he was able to get the girl to listen.

"A-ah… I think that's a bit too much… But thank you.." Yuna murmured shyly.

"Tasuku, how long were you planning to stay out?" Takihara asked sternly. "Oh? Yuna, hello! Good job with your concert today!"

Yuna gave a nod to the man as she was being set down back onto her feet.

"Thank you.. About those photos Stella sent…."

Takihara's smile dropped when Yuna mentioned the incident. "Right, about that…. Someone decided to spread those photos around the internet. You might be caught soon," he said, petting her head.

"Anyways, Player-san here needs to get to work, so let's go greet the others," Takihara told the girl, leading her to base.

"P-player….-san..?" Tasuku repeated, a shocked expression appearing on his face.

"WHEN DID I EVER BECOME A PLAYER?!" the boy exclaimed, running after the two.

The three entered the room as the two boys continued to bicker with Yuna still being led by Takihara and Tasuku tugging at the man's arm grabbing firmly but softly onto her shoulders.

"Ah, Yuna! Hello, dear!"

The girl turned over to look at the Commander who called her out.

"Good evening, Commander I," she greeted back.