Chapter 2

"How long did you say you have been getting sick for?" Mary asks placing a glass of water at the coffee table. "Like for um, about a week." I say. "And you went to the doctors today?" She asks. "Uh, I thought about it." I say pausing. Not really wanting to tell her what happened. "So you are pregnant?" She asks. I sigh reaching towards the coffee table to grab the glass of water. "I'll take that as a yes." She says with a smile. Clearly excited. I had picked up the telephone to call to make an appointment in the morning but Roger's sleepy voice calling to me made me change my mind. A pregnancy test was taken and it had shown as positive. Two tests to be exact.

"Are we talking about a baby here?" I hear Freddie's voice come through as his whole body came into view. "Freddie?! What are you doing here. The boys are out." I say with a frown. "I live here. They went to the pub. Who goes to the pub at 2 in the afternoon." He says filling himself a glass of wine as me and Mary look at each other. "Promise me you won't tell anyone about this." I say. "Sure, darling but you really have to tell Rog." He says. "I can't. Not now." I say with tears in my eyes. "Why not?" Mary asks. "This baby would be too much on him. The band. With the tours and everything and I can't take care of a baby on my own." I say crying. Mary hugs me to calm me down. Freddie nods his head understanding.

The sudden noise coming from the swing of the door turn our heads around to see the boys barge in. I quickly wipe away my tears with a tissue Freddie has passed quick enough for anyone to notice. "Oh, c'mon in. Make yourselves at home." Freddie says placing his glass on the small tray. "Oh Y/n, you are here too. Good." Roger says hovering down to my level leaving a soft kiss on my forehead before walking to the glasses. "Hello Mary. How's your dad?" Brian asks taking a seat with John by the sofa near the window as he tries to open up a wine bottle. "What's going on, Brian?" Freddie asks taking a seat next to me. "If you'd have answered your phone you'd have known already." Brian says looking towards us. "This really isn't a good time guys." Freddie says as I lower my head to wipe away a tear. "Love, are you crying?" Roger asks. "No, something fell in my eye. It's fine now." I lie. "What were you saying, Brian?" I ask changing the topic. "John Reid called today. He has a little tour in his mind for us." "It's not little, Brian. He has booked us a tour of America. The album hit the charts in the US!" Roger says excited as he held several wine glasses in both hands.

 The album hit the charts in the US!" Roger says excited as he held several wine glasses in both hands

"Oh yes!!" Freddie says getting up as they all jumped in a group hug.