Chapter 10

"Half done with the album!" They all cheer as they finally have made most of their album. Jude joining them with their cheer raising her hands up and wiggling her legs making it hard for me to hold onto her on my lap. "Y/n, could I speak to you please." Jim says poking his head into the recording room. I hand Jude to Roger as I walk out to meet Jim.

"I got a job for you." He says smiling. "I'm sorry what? A job?" I ask a bit surprised. "It's not a hard job. You can do it when you are on tour even. You know you are girl with many talents." He says but stops as he turns to look towards the glass. I turn around to see Roger holding Jude as he tried to listen. Jim made a hand signal making him nod his head and walk back to the boys. I laugh at his behavior. "All you have to do is write about the boys and design outfits." He says continuing what he was saying earlier. "That's amazing. I love it." I say.

"What did he tell you?" Roger ask as he jumps in front of me. I look behind him to see Jude with Freddie and Brian. "Why are you so tensed up. Are there like more secrets that I don't know about?" I asks in a whisper but loud enough for him to hear. "What? No. No, nothing like that, darling." He says nervously laughing.

"Mommy!!" I hear Jude call out as she pulled her hands out for me to carry her. "How come she can call you mommy nicely but she can't say dad." Roger asks. "Da da!!" Jude says making all of us laugh as Roger frowned instead.

"You're gonna head home?" Roger asks as we all start packing our things up. "Yeah. I promised John I would go with him baby shopping for his niece." I say. "Oh. Um, me and the others are going down to the pub. I'll be home before 11." He says. "Don't drink too much." I say. He nods his head yes.

"Bye." Jude says with her small hand waving at her favourite uncles. "Bye Jude." They all say.

"This one?" I ask John holding a baby blue onesie. "It's all plain." He says. "You can embroider a bass guitar on it." I say. "Yeah that would be cool too." He says going through another rack of baby clothes. "John, what could possibly Roger be hiding from me now?" I ask. He took a minute to progress what I have just asked him. "Well, for one thing, I'm very much sure he has never done anything he was doing before he met you. So I guess he could just be scared of somethings from before." John says. "Oh." I reply. "Is everything alright?" He asks. "Yeah." I say with a smile.

"Um, actually, someone sent me a letter few days ago. It had some pictures of her and Roger." I say. "Oh. Do you know her?" John asks a little worried. "Not a clue. Her name is Amelia and she seems to know a lot about him." I say. John stood frozen. "John? You alright? You haven't said anything for five minutes." I say. "Oh um, yeah. I'm okay. Just be careful and tell me if she does anything." John says giving me a smile before changing the subject. "Did anything happen between her and Roger?" I ask going back to the old conversation. "No. Nothing really happened." John says. "Oh." I reply feeling a bit relieved.

John drops off me and Jude to our apartment. "Dinner and you'll be off to bed." I tell Jude.

Putting Jude to bed and cleaning the place up, I walk to the living room dialling Roger's number for the 30th time. It was past 1am and still no sign of him. Sighing I call Brian with hesitation. "Hello?" He answers the phone with two rings. His voice half drunk. "Brian, I'm so sorry but um, do you know where Roger is?" I ask.
"Um, about that boy. We can't find him." Brain says. "What? What do you mean you can't find him?" I ask. "Well, he was here with us drinking and then he was not here anymore." Brian says. I could sense his hands going up as he shrugged to everything he was saying.

Sudden knocks on the door at 2am made me advert my eyes towards the door. "Y/n!!" I hear Roger whine out my name outside the door. "He's at the door, Brian." I say. "No he's not." I hear a confused Brian say as he probably was looking at the door at the pub. "No, I mean he is here." I say. "Oh." He says. Ending the call, I answer the door to find a drunk Roger standing. He can be such a baby and have temper tantrums and that's the least I would want at 2 in the morning waking Jude up and having to look after two babies. "I'm sorry love." He says walking inside. He wasn't that drunk but not completely sober either. "Roger what are you sorry about?" I ask. "Everything." He says before falling down onto the sofa. "Roger you need to get changed out of those alcohol stained clothes." I say. He groans in response.

Sighing I decide to go to sleep knowing Roger would be fast asleep till morning.

I woke up earlier than usual and decide to prepare breakfast early. Putting my hair in a messy bun I walk into the living room where Roger laid on the sofa groaning. "Why is it so bright in here." He says getting up. His long blonde hair was in a mess and his shirt was unevenly buttoned. He managed to make his way to the kitchen island taking a seat as I made some coffee. "Y/n!!!" He whines. The thing about looking after a drunk Roger is, he gets ten times more whiner than he is sober. "What?" I ask. "My head hurts and I'm hungry." He whines holding his head in his hands. "Here." I say placing the cup of coffee in front of him. "Drink up and go take a shower. You smell like dozen of alcohol drinks mixed up." I say to which he just chuckles. "Amelia mixed up the drinks." He says. I take a minute to sink in what he had just said. Who is this Amelia? Roger was still half drunk. Shaking my head I call Brian.

"Hey, Brian. Um, yeah. He's home." I say. "Brian, who's Amelia?" I ask. "She was a friend of ours. Use to go on tour with us." He says. I look at Roger to find him asleep on the sofa again. I sigh. "He went home drunk?" Brian asks. "Yeah and he said Amelia mixed up the drinks." I say confused. "Hehe. Yeah. She wanted to see who she can get drunk the most. She always does that." Brian says. "Oh. She looks at me weirdly." I say feeling uncomfortable with the appearance of this new girl. "Yeah. I understand. She has changed. We've been trying to tell Jim to stop her from coming to the studio. She acts all weird." Brian says. "Um, did anything happen between her and Roger?" I asks the same question I had asked John earlier. "No. Nothing." Brian says. "What about last night?" I ask. "Nop. She was with some other guy. Roger don't like when she is around. None of us really does." Brian says.

After a few hours, a sober Roger made his way to the bedroom as I sat folding Jude's clothes. "Y/n." He says softly. "You need a shower Roger." I say. He nods his head.

After a while Roger joined me and Jude on the sofa. He sat on the single sofa looking at us. "You okay now?" I ask looking at him. "Huh? Uh, yeah. I'm okay. I have to meet Freddie in a while." He says looking at his watch.

-Roger's P.O.V-

Shutting the car door, I stand by looking up at the house. Walking up the stairs I meet up with Freddie who stood staring at a huge photo hung up on the wall. "So, what do you think?" He asks turning around. He had gotten a haircut and a new moustache. I take a minute to understand what he was implying on. Himself or the house. "Gayer?" I say with a little shrug. "Not this darling. The house. Isn't it amazing? Mary has already moved in next door so she can visit the cats and me." He says walking to another area of the house. "Ah huh." I say as I stare around the house with my mouth wide opened with amusement as Freddie went on talking about his cats.

"I'm not sure the echo is quiet pronounced here." I say walking to the room Freddie stood now. "AYYYYY-OH." He says with a big smile at the end. I laugh quietly. "I knew you'd appreciate it. Stay for dinner. Anything you fancy." He says excited. "I can't. Wife. Kid. You know." I say with a soft tone. "Of course. Well c'mon! We'll eat off the floor. It's clean enough." He says trying to convince me to stay again. "Another time Fred." I say giving him a hug.

"Roger is that you?" I hear Y/n call out my name from the bedroom

"Roger is that you?" I hear Y/n call out my name from the bedroom. Locking the main door I walk towards our shared bedroom to find her putting away some clean clothes into the cupboard. "What's wrong?" She asks. "Hmm? Nothing. Nothing is wrong." I say sitting down on the edge of the bed leaving a sigh. "Roger, is something bothering you?" She asks sitting next to me. "Freddie showed me his new house today. It was huge and pretty. Like the ones you always fancied when we would go on dates and you would take pictures of them. It was like that." I say. "Sounds lovely but why do you seem so down?" She asks again. "Because, I, um, I felt like it should be me showing a new house around to you. Not live here." I say. "Roger, I'm okay us being here. We can think about a new house later. When the time is right." She says. "With another baby?" I ask. She looked at me by surprise with my question. "Sure." She says.