Chapter 13

Two weeks passed by and we were traveling to the next venue for the boys to perform their last show but this time it was all different. The bus ride was not as loud as it used to be or maybe they are all tired. Roger and I would sit at different places in the bus or on opposite directions when playing scrabble.

I was sitting with Jude and the boys playing a round of scrabble. Roger sat few seats away by the window. "Delilah is your cat's name." John says as Freddie neatly arranged the tiles. "You are just saying that cause you haven't made a word in over 5 rounds now." Freddie says. Jude wiggles out of my hold as she sees Roger walking towards us. "Da da!!" She says raising her hands up. "Hey petal." He says carrying Jude. In the process her leg stumbles the scrabble board knocking it over. "Oh well we have to start again." John says with a fake disappointed look raising his arms a bit. "Oh oh." Jude says making us all laugh at her cuteness.

"Say, what's up with that boy today?" Freddie asks talking about Roger. "He's just tired." I say. The cause of why we have been distant now is unclear but I hated it. It all started when Roger came home drunk covered in lipstick stains and women's perfume. Being married to a band member meant I had to face all the rumours and fangirls hovering over your partner but that does not mean he had to let it all happen either. Brian had been at the scene that night and told me what happened but that was not going to happen all the time either. Things went okay for a few days until it took an unexpected turn with Roger getting a phone call at 4am from a girl. He had no clear explanation at that first. After that day we didn't talk much. He always seems to be thinking about something or jotting down lyrics on his book.

"Are you guys okay?" Brian asks. "Yeah." I say not sure of my own answer. "I'm gonna go get Jude's lunch ready." I say getting up.

"Got you lunch." I say placing the small bowl aside and pulling my arms out for her to come to me but she insisted on sitting by the small dinner table area with Roger. "I'll feed her." Roger says asking to pass him the bowl. "Sit." Jude says to me as I joined next to Jude.

"Y/n, are we okay?" Roger asks. "Yeah we are okay." I say with a nod. Everything seems to be happening so fast it was making us tired but in the end we are there for Jude. For the best for her. The media is a whole different story when it comes to making headlines. It's been a while since I have updated the band journal where I write on about the events of the band. I let out a little laugh as I went through the pages of the book. "What's so funny?" Roger asks. "This page is about the time when you locked yourself in the cupboard because of your car song." I say showing him the page and giggling. He stared at it with an annoyed look. "Which by the way is very nice and strong enough." I say avoiding his gaze. "Good. Or else you might not get any." He says taking me a bit surprised with him saying that. "Language children! Language!" Freddie says as he sat two seats away from us. They all taking a break from playing scrabble.

"Sorry lovebirds but we have arrived. Got an interview first." Brian says walking past us to grab his coat.

I stand few feet away from the interview area along with Jim. Or Miami how Freddie would say as he found Jim as a boring name. I bite my lip as I hear the questions thrown at them. "I had a cold once. Would anyone like to hear about it?" I hear John whisper into the mic making me laugh a little.

"Are your songs implying on your several partners?" "You should ask Rog that."
"Wha- what?"
"Roger, is it about your partners you meet on tour? The lucky ones trying to get a part of you?"

""Wha- what?""Roger, is it about your partners you meet on tour? The lucky ones trying to get a part of you?"

It went on forever. I stare at Roger as he tried to sit calmly. Trying not to yell. "Y/n, you don't look so good. What's wrong?" Mary asks as I tried to carry Jude in my hands. Veronica takes Jude from me as Mary took me aside to sit down. "Y/n, what's happening?" Mary asks worried. "I'm getting really bad sharp pains in my stomach. It's very bad." I manage to say before starting to cry from the pain. "Jim! Call an ambulance!" Mary calls out turning to look at Jim. Jude held into Veronica scared. "Do you want me to get Roger?" She asks dabbing a wet piece of cloth on my forehead. "I don't know." I say. I really didn't know. "Take me to the hospital." I say. "The ambulance is coming. I'll take you to the hospital. I'll go with you. Alright?" She says to which I nod my head.

-Roger's P.O.V-
"Was my cold not bad enough?" John asks as we walk down the stairs set up for the interview or whatever it was that just ended. "Da da!!" I hear Jude call as she pulled out her arms out from Veronica's hold. She sounded scared. Her face tear stained. "Where's mommy?" I ask caressing her back as she laid down on my shoulder.

"Mary took her to the hospital." Veronica says worried. "What? Why? What happened to her?" I ask. "I don't know. She really looked sick." She says replying. "Take Jude. I have to go see her." I say handing Jude to Brian as she gladly laid on his shoulder. Tired and sleepy from all the crying.