Chapter 16

"Tiny sandwiches." I hear Roger say before shoving it in his mouth. "Thisdoesnttasstesogud." He mumbles. "What?" I ask. Swallowing his food he speaks again. "These don't taste so good." "These are cheese sandwiches for Jude's tea party." I say as he made an oh. "Yes. We are inviting the other kids over this evening." I say placing a bowl of cookies on the counter. I slap off Roger's hand as he was about to pick up a cookie. "What was that for?" He asks rubbing his hand with the other. "Those are for the kids and I'm not making another batch of cookies for the last batch you ate." I say folding my arms and staring at him. "Just one. Jude took all before." He says with a little pout. "No. Roger." I say. "Fiiine!" He says with a whine before turning around grabbing a handful of mini cookies and running out. "Roger!!!" I yell as he laughs like a happy kid.

"I called up Freddie but Paul picked up. He said he would pass the message." I say as Roger stood with a glass of lemonade. He didn't say a word. The rest of the boys were gathered in the living room while the kids sat around the small tables and chairs Roger had set up in the backyard. "You alright?" I ask noticing how he changes with the topic of Freddie. "Yeah." He replies simply picking up a tray of sandwiches helping me outside. "Waiter Roger! I need another glass!" Brian says teasing Roger as we walk in front of them. "Fuck off!" Roger hisses annoyed. "Language." I say. "Sorry dear." He says apologizing.

"Is Freddie still not here?" I ask looking around. "He has been really busy." Mary says. Roger had run off with our start of the conversation.

-Roger's P.O.V-
"Heard from Fred?" I hear John say as I pass a new glass to Brian. I sigh in frustration taking a seat. "He's out of town. I think. I met Paul and he said it." Brian says before taking a sip of his drink. "Can we talk about something else?" I ask. Paul's existence made me angry. The boys nodded before the place got quite us staring at the backyard through the sliding glass doors. "When is Y/n due?" John asks breaking the silence. "In a month or so." I Say chugging down my drink slightly burning my throat. Y/n and I are expecting our second child soon. I have been excited and glad that I have been there through out the entire pregnancy. "Kept you up with her cravings?" Brian asks bringing memories from the time she woke me up at 5 to get a muffin. "Yes." I say with a laugh.

I look outside with eyes landing on her every movement. She was laughing with her hand on the big belly at something Mary had said. Mary was also expecting but she was far behind Y/n. "How's the songs coming along?" Brian asks emptying his glass. "Pretty good actually. Jude helps me a lot with it on her small drum kit." I say.

"You set it up? I wanna go see it." John says as we all got up heading towards my small studio. "Not bad in here." John says walking towards my drum kit. "Oh look! You got a cupboard here to lock yourself in too." Brian says. I give him a glare. "I was deadly serious about I'm in love with my car, Brian." He raised his hands up slightly shaking his head.

"There you all are." Y/n's voice came through from the doorway. "They are downstairs looking for you two. Freddie never showed up which is weird." Y/n says with a sad look. "He must have been out of town, love. Said something about taking a vacation." I say looking towards Brian and John who nodded their heads together. "Oh." Y/n says softly. "Come on let's go bid goodbye." I say putting my hand on her lower back guiding towards the living room.

//////////////////////////////////////
"Roger!!" I scream as he took the receiver of the telephone from my hold and putting it away ending my call with Freddie. "I told you not to talk to him." He says. His voice was full of annoyance. "He's my friend and I'm going to talk to whoever I want. I'm not talking about you with him." I say annoyed. Roger clearly didn't want to have this argument again. "You won't tell me what happened. You said you all are taking a break but Freddie is always busy." I say walking behind him. "Just stop it Y/n!" He says raising his voice as he turned around facing me. I stare back at him not taking my eyes off him. He calmed down before heading to the studio leaving me alone in the hall way.

"We are going to see uncle Freddie today but it's a secret." I say to Jude helping her put on the denim jacket she had struggled with.

"Y/n! Jude! Come in. Come in." Freddie says with excitement inviting both of us into his lovely house. "Uncle Freddie!!" Jude chimes in as she falls towards his shoulder. He gasps with the change in my figure. "Are you having another baby?" He asks with his excitement more. "Yes!" I say in a squeaky voice. Freddie kept Jude on the sofa where his three cats has occupied the rest of the space. "Delilah!!" Jude says giving a bit of a shock to the cat.

"So what brings you here today?" He asks placing his drink on a small table before helping me sit down. "Missed you a lot." I say with a small smile. "Is that all?" He asks. I look down as I played around with my fingers. "What's wrong darling?" He asks sweetly as ever. "Did something happen between you and the others?" I ask. "They just hate me for a decision I made." He says. "Huh?" I ask confused. "I wanted to try something different. I got a solo career but that doesn't mean it's the end of Queen. Queen will go on." He says. "That's great. I'm happy for you Freddie." I say trying to get up to give him a hug but fails miserably. Confusion still lingering in my head to why they would ignore him. "Does Roger know you are here?" Freddie asks. He clearly must have known with what happened with the phone call. I shake my head. He got up to get me a glass of water.

"You didn't come to Jude's tea party." I say. "I'm so sorry dear. I didn't get the message." He says a bit confused as I was. "Paul had said he would pass on the message." I say looking towards Paul who took quiet steps walking out of the living room. "Sorry darling but if I had gotten the message you know I would be there. I wouldn't miss it. Anything for Jude." He says. I smile a him as he stared at Jude who kept poking a sleeping cat. "Shall we have a small tea party here?" Freddie says clapping his hands with the idea.

Fancy tea cups and varieties of food was placed on the coffee table and Jude sat on a small chair easier for her. "Mary is coming as well." Freddie says joining the small tea party.

Soon after Mary had joined and we all chatted like old times. Freddie sharing some new stories and how his albums were working along. He talked about the shows and how the people were always different in every show.