Chapter 19

-Roger's P.O.V-
"Are you sure you heated it right?" Brian asks as I struggled to feed a 2 and a half month old Noah. Jude was taking her afternoon nap as I paced around the living room. "What other way is there to heat up a baby bottle?" I ask to which Brian shrugged. Y/n had gone to the doctors accompanying Mary with her scan as I stayed back looking after the kids. How Y/n does this when I'm not around, I'll never know. "You got a lot of mail." Brian says leaning forward in his position squinting his eyes towards a bundle of envelopes inside a cupboard. "Just postcards from Fred sent to Jude." I say. "That's lovely." Brian says. It was nice of him. He cares for Jude. No matter what, I know he would be there for Y/n and the kids but things still aren't normal as how it was before. "John still on vacation?" I ask giving up on the bottle and rocking him to sleep instead. "He's having fun." Brian says with a laugh as I sit across from him.

"Oh sh-" I stop myself from cursing as I move Noah to my left thigh. "Ah the same old thing Jude did." Brian says with a smile. The little lunch he had taken is now all over my shirt. "Let's get you cleaned up." I say getting up as a burp let out all the rest of his lunch on me again. "Well looks like you both need a shower." Brian says getting up to leave. He kisses Noah's head before whispering something in his ear laughing.

"Alright. It's not too cold and it's not too hot." I say putting a finger into the water checking before placing Noah in the bathtub. My right hand holding him as I wash away the puke on my chest from my left hand.

Cleaning both of us up, I put on new sets of clothes on him and walk into the living room. "Who's that at the door?" I ask as sudden knocks softly echoed through the house.

Freddie stood at the doorstep. None of us saying a word. "Is Mary back yet. She asked to pick her up from here." He speaks after some silence. "No. They'll be back in a while. Come in." I say. Noah pulled his hands out to Freddie. It was his first time seeing him which made me a bit surprised. "This is Noah." I say letting him hold him.

"Dada!" Before I could tell about Jude her soft voiced called me as she walked out of her room rubbing her eyes. "Did you have a good nap?" I ask picking her up as she rested her head on my shoulder. "I should make you lunch." I say pausing. Freddie looked at me with a raised eyebrow as I didn't move with my statement. "You don't know what to make for lunch?" He asks. "Yes." I say walking to the kitchen holding Jude as Freddie followed behind holding Noah.

"Boiled eggs are good." He says. I stare at him and back at the pots and pans. "Roger, do you know how to boil an egg?" He asks as I didn't move again. "No idea." I say picking a pot and placing it on the stove. "Just boil some water with the egg." Freddie says. "Right." I say following his directions.

"This isn't boiled." Freddie says as the egg yolk poured down onto the kitchen table. Sighing I bury my face in my hands slouching over as my elbows hit the countertop. "Pancakes?" Jude asks. "For lunch? That's the best I know how to make so pancakes it is." I say with a smile ruffling her hair.

-Y/n's P.O.V-
"We're back." I chime as I walk into the kitchen. Mary following behind me. We both stand and examine what was going on. Roger was making pancakes in the afternoon. Freddie was holding Noah and Jude set quietly eating her pancakes.

"Mary, how was at the doctors?" Freddie asks making Roger turn around. As they both talked, I walk towards Roger who had a pouted expression. "What?" I ask removing a lose strand of hair fallen over his eyes. "You planned this out. Didn't you?" He quietly asks. I shake my head biting my lip. He sighs going back to cleaning up the kitchen.

After saying goodbye I walk back into the living room to find Roger sitting with Jude reading a book. Noah laying peacefully on his chest. "That's the end of this book." He says as Jude closed the book and climbing off the sofa to grab another book from her room.

"Roger, you cannot always keep avoiding him you know." I say. Roger sat quietly. "He wants to meet you all tomorrow. You should really go." I suggest. "Why?" He asks coldly. "Because your wife  said so." I say getting up leaving him in the living room.