Chapter 8

Here we are again on the tour with the same routine of traveling here and there. It was fun yet tiring. I sit on the sofa with Jude taking the right side of the sofa with her toys and Brian on my left drinking his beer. Roger, Freddie and John sat on the sofa across from ours. An old friend of the band, Michael, sat on a chair in between the two sofas. He didn't seem like he was having a good time.

"So this is what your after parties are like now huh?" He says taking his eyes off from Jude and looking at the other members. Roger had a uncomfortable yet angry look. "We still have fun. We are family." Freddie says looking at Michael. "Wasn't the other parties way more fun? Roger sticking his tongue down on that girl in the last party. Girls always sweeping up on him. Don't you miss it?" He asks with a laugh and that was it for Roger. His eyes got wide as he stared at me before tackling Michael to the floor. "You liar!! You wasn't even there at the last party." He screams punching him. With the sudden jumping and screaming Jude starts to cry out of fright. "Brian take them outside!" I hear Freddie say as Brian took me and Jude outside their changing room I hear Roger scream, "You are not taking this women away from me!."

I slowly pat Jude rocking her hoping she would stop crying. Eventually she stopped after a few minutes. "Why does Michael make Roger so angry?" I ask. "Well, you know how Roger is and stuff happened between them involving you so he hates him more." Brian says. "What about me?" I ask. "Y/n, you really don't need to know that. It's better if you don't know." He says hiding whatever it is. Before I could protest I hear Roger scream my name running towards me. "I'll take Jude." Brian says taking Jude inside.

"I'm really sorry, love." Roger says. He got bruise on the side of his head and a cut on his lip and cheek. "C'mon." I say dragging him inside to fix his bruises. Clearly not wanting to lecture him.

Walking past the boys to the bathroom, I put the small first aid kit on the basin countertop as Roger leaned on his side by it. "Stay still." I say cleaning the bruises. He sighs looking at the mess he has made on himself. "How long till these go?" He asks pointing at the bruises. "Few days." I say avoiding to look at him. "Hey." He says pulling me towards him as he wrapped his legs behind me, locking myself in his embrace as he sat on the counter top. "We're getting off tour and will get some months off. Why don't I make it up to you for the tantrums I made?" He asks kissing my forehead.

Months passed by and they were working on their next album day and night after the tour. I found it a bit unfair that they never really get a long break to take their mind off work and touring. Roger would come home late most of the nights and he barely gets time to spend with me and Jude. It was another morning that Roger skipped breakfast and rushed off.

"Hello?" I say answering the call. "Shut up Brian. Hi love. Um, Freddie is throwing a party tonight and Annie said she'd babysit Jude. So will you go?" He asks. "Yes, I would go. I've missed them a lot." I say.

While Annie looked after Jude, me and Roger walked into the party at Freddie's. The music was loud and there were many unfamiliar faces around. I clutch onto Roger's arm feeling uncomfortable with the size of the party.

We walk towards Brian, John and their wives finally spotting them on through the crowd. Taking a seat I look around at the drunk people. "Here." Brian says passing a glass to me. Doing the same for Roger as well. We sat for about fifteen minutes feeling out of place as we were getting old for party scenes. "Where's Freddie?" I ask breaking the awkward silence . "Haven't seen him yet." John says twisting his glass between his fingers, clearly bored of the party.

" John says twisting his glass between his fingers, clearly bored of the party

"We are her majesties my darling. Cheers!" Freddie says sitting down on a chair in front of us as the clunk of glasses followed by cheers to each other. "Thank you my love. Where's Mary?" He asks. "It's not really her scene. Is it Fred?" Brian asks. "Fabulous isn't it." Freddie says ignoring Brian's reply. "If you say so." Brian says.

Roger passes his glass for a refill towards Paul but he ignores

Roger passes his glass for a refill towards Paul but he ignores. There was something rather strange about him. Like an uncomfortable vibe when he is around. "You two are starting to look like each other." Brian says joking around. "What's wrong with that Brian?" Paul asks back clearly not enjoying Brian's remark. "You're supposed to be in a rock band Freddie. Not the village people." Brian says leaning towards Freddie as he makes another joke. "You might want to cut your hair one day." Freddie says to Brian. "Never. I was born like this." He says earning a laugh from Roger followed by Freddie.

"Come, Let's dance." Freddie says getting up and facing us. "I don't dance Freddie." Brain says. "I'd need a few of these." John says holding his almost empty glass as he chuckles. "It's my party and I demand you dance." Freddie says.

"We should go." Roger says whispering in my ear loud enough for me to hear. "By royal decree." Freddie says looking at Paul. "We are gonna go actually." Roger says both of us standing in front of him. "Oh god. You are dull. You are anymore dull you'd be deacy." Freddie says. Rogers hold on my hand tightened as he replied through gritted teeth. "What're you complaining about? You got your little pet."

"I have. He's loyal. Loyalty is so important. Don't you think so Y/n?" Freddie says looking at me. "Careful Fred. Let's go." He says whispering to me again. "Where are you going? It's just a joke." Freddie says. "Home." Roger says as his hold got tighter that it hurt my hand weaving through the crowd and out of the door.

Outside, he kicked the ground as frustration took over him. He hate to be reminded of his past self. "Roger, it's okay." I say trying to calm him down.

The entire ride home was quiet. He sighs parking the car near the building. He sat quietly biting the side of his fingers. "Freddie was just drunk." He says. I stay quiet. Should I tell him I got proof of that few days ago. "Y/n, I didn't cheat on you." He says as I didn't reply. "Who's Amelia?" I ask. He was the one quiet now. "She was at the party. Is that why you were so tensed up and wanted to leave?" I ask. He looked hurt. "Roger open this door." I say trying to open his locked car door. I storm out with the sound of a click of the door. Roger following behind me calling my name.

"Annie!" I say greeting Annie as she stood in the living room. "Are you guys alright?" She asks. "Yeah. The party was just chaotic." Roger says. Saying goodbye to Annie I hurry to the room. "Can we please talk, love?" He asks standing by the door. "I don't want to." I say. It was past 2am now and even if I wanted to storm out of the apartment I had no where to go. I gather my pillow and a blanket and walk towards the living room. "I'll sleep there." He says taking the pillows from my hand. "Y/n, please. Not the silent treatment." He says starting to whine. "Roger, I really don't want to talk about it right now." I say.