Chapter 12

Their drag music video for I want to break free was adored by thousands of people after it was being released. "I do make a pretty girl." Roger says taking a slice of his french toast for breakfast while reading about their song.

"Also, Jude won't be all alone on tour this time." Roger says smiling. I stare at him waiting for his answer. "Brian's kids are also joining." He says. "Louisa and Jimmy?" I ask to which Roger nods his head. "Yay!!" Jude says clapping her hands. "That's right. So we'll be leaving late this evening." He says. "Oh." Was all I could say. "Sorry it's all like this now love. I'm gonna head to the studio to pack up my drum kit." He says kissing us goodbye.

As one of their stylists and writer, touring was fun but I worry about Jude. Unlike other children growing up going to parks, Jude's here traveling the world with a famous band. I smile thinking she's having a cool childhood.

The weather wasn't that great but the country is fabulous. We were all waiting in the hotel lobby getting our room keys. Jude shyly buried her face in my neck as Jimmy, Brian's son, stood behind his mother. "They are gonna take a while to be all okay. Maybe we could go the park on the next block." She suggests. I think about her suggestion. It's only the next block, maybe Roger wouldn't mind.

"No." He says sternly once I had told him about it. "It's just on the next block and for an hour maybe. They are only here for one show and they are going to their grandad's." I say. "Fine." He says with a sigh. "We are leaving in an hour again to the venue. Stupid flight had to get delayed." He says frowning.

Me and Jude met with Jimmy, Louisa and their mother down at the lobby. "This is something new." She says smiling. The roads were pretty much empty. It was cloudy and a bit cold. I put Jude on the swing and swayed it a little. She held onto the rope on the side smiling. I smile back.

"What's with the envelope ?" Brian's wife asks. "Nothing. Just some mail." I reply shoving the brown envelope in my bag. "Remember that time when you sat at the pub with a paper like that when Freddie invited you to meet us?" She asks.

I try not to remember much about that night. Well, obviously only the parts that included Roger would be remembered. It was a chill night Freddie had invited me to meet his friends. I was going through a time trying to get over an abusive relationship which my ex was still contacting me. As the other left only Freddie stayed with me to talk about things just the two of us. "So he just still bugs you?" I hear a voice say from my right side. A skinny blonde stood with a frown. I look at Freddie. He smiles back introducing us. "Roger, this is Y/n. You know. She'll be working with us." He says giving his friend a smile. Roger's eyes went a bit wide before he rushed off with his cheeks red. "He's usually not like that." Freddie had said a bit confused.

"He likes you." Freddie says as I was taking a sip from my drink but making me almost choke. "What? We just met." I say. "Yeah but he knows a lot about you." Freddie says. "Why?" I ask him. "Well, cause he asks about you and you guys would go really well. I want you to be happy." He had said.

Freddie was right. Roger always had some kind of excuse to just spend time with me. Whether it was him running off after his recording session or just daily things like picking up an outfit for the day.

"Y/n? So you do remember." She says snapping me out of my daydreams. "Scaring off a blushing Roger. Yes I do remember." I say with a laugh. "That was one side of him we never knew we would see until we had to set you guys up because he was shy but look at him all changed now." She says. "Yeah." I reply smiling to myself as things did go happy with several ups and down. "So you have to tell him. What's he saying now anyway?" She asks referring to my ex boyfriend. "I don't really care. It's been years and he still wouldn't stop. It doesn't matter anymore." I say. "But it matters to Rog if anyone hurts you. I've seen the messages he sent before. I don't want you to be down. I'm sorry that I won't be here for the whole tour but maybe at least talk to Brian or maybe Freddie about it." She suggests. "I've settled down and he has settled down. Just because he didn't get what he wanted doesn't mean it's my fault." I say. "I know but he can't always go torturing you like that. He left you and found another girl. He doesn't have the right to get mad at you when you are with another guy." She says. I nod.