Chapter 11

The next day we head to the studio to watch them finish recording their final song. Me and Jude set on a sofa by the door. Roger joining us as John sat relaxed on a chair far from us. "We're a rock n' roll band. We don't do disco." Roger says. "It's not disco." John says with his arms folded. "Then what is it?" Brian asks curiously. "It's Queen." John says with a smile making us all look at each other confused.

"Sorry my darlings. Lost all track." Freddie's voice came through the mic behind the glass making Roger jump. "You fired Reid without consulting us. You don't make decisions for the band." Roger says. I look at him confused as to what he is talking about. Brian whispered a soft hey to Roger to tell him to be calm. "Well I'm terrible sorry. It's done. Besides, miami will manage us. Won't you darling?" Freddie says standing in front of Miami's desk. "I'll think about it." He says. I sit looking all confused with the growing tension of the room. Scared as well as Roger can get angry easily and get into fights. "No." Freddie says making Jude get a little shock from her nap. "Are you high again?" Brian asks. "Well done. Colombo." Freddie replies. "You need to slow down Fred." Brian says worried. "Don't be such a bore. I'm here. Aren't I?" Freddie says taking a sip from his bottle. "Are you?" Roger snaps at him.

"I don't care if you are shit faced as long as you can sing

"I don't care if you are shit faced as long as you can sing." John says annoyed with their behaviour as he handed out the lyric sheets. "No. John, I don't wanna play it." Roger whines. "Then I'm all up for it." Freddie says reading the sheet in his hand. "What's that supposed to mean?" Roger asks. "I'm tired of the bloody anthems. I want the energy in the clubs. The bodies. I want to make people move." Freddie says describing what he wants the next song to be like. "You mean disco?" Brian says interrupting Freddie. "Why not?" A voice asks from the door. Paul stood by the door watching us. He gives a small stare at me before turning his gaze towards the boys. "This is a band discussion." Brian says at Paul.

"Drum loops. Synthesises?" Roger asks. "If you say so." Freddie says. "It's not us." Roger says. "What do you mean it's not us?" Freddie asks looking at Roger. The tension in the room increasing. I cover Jude's ears. "It's not Queen." Roger says. "Queen is whatever I say it is!" Freddie says loudly making me jump scared at his raised voice.

"Well, you can play your own bloody drums then." Roger says, his face close to Freddie's. Freddie shoves Roger away with a paper to his face making Roger stumble backwards. "Okay let's see how good of a boxer you really are." Roger screams out walking towards Freddie ready to tackle him down. "Roger take it easy. Take it easy." Brian say.