|3| Alone at last

Chapter Three: Alone at last

    The flight to Seattle was tedious, and the one from Seattle to Port Angeles was even worse as the newly turned shifter wanted to rip someones head off. A good candidate was the old lady sitting next to her on the Heathrow to Seattle flight who would not shut up about how Rea reminded her of her grand daughter or the bloke in front of her whom of which seemed like and inbred farmer from Norfolk.

    She rushed through customs once she landed, too excited to even think about what the TSA may think about her whether that be a little kid or a security threat; all of it didn't matter to Rea, all she wanted to see was her brother, well half brother.

    The airport waiting room was crowded with families meeting up with their relatives for the first time in what could have been months to years. Smiles everywhere bar Rea's face. Her hazel eyes scanned the crowd for Sam but alas, he was nowhere to be seen.

    "He didn't come," Rea mumbled, barely above a whisper as she pushed through the crowds, the tears in her eyes blurring her vision causing her to crash into people left, right and centre as she pushed past the crowds to find a safe place. A place where the walls weren't closing in, where she wasn't gasping for every breath. A place where she was calm.

    The airport chairs were cold and uncomfortable but it allowed Rea to be placed away from the seemingly thousands of people around her. She couldn't think properly enough to call Sam to see where he was, all she could managed to say was, "He didn't come. Why didn't he come."

    She sat there, he face wet from the constant stream of tears running down her face, wondering if her mother had finally turned her brother against her. Trapped in the swirling thoughts, Rea never noticed the people going about their business, standing and sitting down in the cold, metal seating, only a small tap on her shoulder managed to help her escape her labyrinth of thoughts. Looking up at her minds intruder, she saw the face she had been looking for since she had arrived almost an hour ago

"Sammy?"

    Scooping his little sister into a hug and spinning her around in his arms, "Hey Riri! How are we, Princess?"

    "I'm okay, I guess," She said as she pried herself from Sam's arms as she was still very annoyed at him and, unless he had a good explanation, she will continue to be, "Where were you? I thought you forgot about me or something."

    "Oh, Princess. How could I forget about you, I've been counting down the days since you left two years ago. Let's go to the truck, I'll explain one the way," Sam said as he grabbed Rea's only bag and started to walk towards the exit with Rea in tow, "So it's a funny story actually. I was here early-"

    "Were you?"

    "Yes, for once I was somewhere only, get the amazement out of your system, but I am not as organised as I would like to think as I may have gone to the wrong waiting room."

    "You didn't" Rea laughed, "and I'm meant to be the stupid one."