|12| Furless cat

Chapter Twelve: Furless cat

Time raced by for Rea, her short walk across the beach had actually taken two hours bringing the time to half four in the afternoon. Usually, this would be fine as she doesn't have a curfew (although Sam did want to instate one due to Seth's existence) but you don't usually get asked on a date by your imprint.

Darting through the trees to make her journey home shorter, Rea bounded through the door to her home looking for her soon-to-be sister-in-law.

"Whoa. Whoa there, Riri. What's got you in a hurry?" Sam asked from the table as he reached across the table, seizing one of Emily's raspberry muffins.

"Where's your better half? I need her."

~~~~

    "The black jumper looks nice," Emily said, holding the jumper in the air. She had appeared back at the house a few minutes after Rea had shown up. Emily had known about the date prior to Rea's screeching in a frenzy of which she returned home too. So, being the best future-sister-in-law she was, Emily had decided that she was getting Rea ready.

"With jeans or..." Rea trailed off, alarmed by the sheer amount of clothes lying in front of her. She really appreciated the effort Emily had made due to the well-known fact the Rhiannon Uley could not assemble a cute, date-worthy outfit if the entirety of the world's inhabitants depended on it.

    "Yeah. Dark jeans maybe," the elder girl deliberated aloud, reaching for the pair she described, "or a skirt."

    "Don't be ridiculous."

    "It would be cute."

    "I would look like a furless cat!"

    "Don't be stupid, wearing a skirt wouldn't make you look like a furless cat," Emily grinned at her comment, "you do that on your own."

    "Aren't you lovely."

    "I'm delightful. Are you going for dinner tonight? Maybe if you tell me I can actually pick an appropriate outfit."

   Rea sighed, running a hand through her hair. In all honesty, she had no clue what she was doing tonight besides from that they would be eating at some point and that she would need a flashlight. She was puzzled at what Seth had planned; she had no clue at all.

    "I guess we are gonna be outside, he said to bring a torch."

    Emily smiled before rushing back into the closet, fishing around for something. She chucked the odd article of clothing out before emerging herself, a golden colored scarf in her grasp, her face victorious. Emily was great for girly talks, but she was better at finding the right accessory.

   Tossing the scarf to Rea, she left the room, telling the younger girl to 'come downstairs a.s.a.p.' And it was a good thing too as Seth knocked on the rusted door as Rea bounded down the stairs.

   "...And if you even think about doing anything more than looking at Rea tonight-"

    "Sam!" Emily scolded, slapping his arm, "You've seen her train. If Seth hurts her, she can kill him herself."

    "Fine", he huffed, "Be safe, don't do anything I wouldn't do, or would do. Actually, don't do anything."

    "Sam!"