|21| "You punched a werewolf in the face!"

Chapter Twenty-One: "You punched a werewolf in the face!"

    The clouds that seemed to permanently reside over the skies of Washington state had disappeared leaving the midday sun to beam down upon Seth and Rea as they walked down by the river on a detour back to Sam's.

    Seth, once again, carried their bits in a backpack but now the blankets where draped through the handles of the bag. Almost like how druggies carry their skateboards.

    They heard the yelling before they saw Bella and Jacob. They had taken the same route as them but started at the other end.

    Rea and Seth only heard the last part of Jacob's speech but what they had heard was unforgivable.

    "I would rather you be dead than become one of them."

    Bella snapped, cracking Jacob with a right hook to the face. Rea sprinted forward, pushing Bella behind her in case Jacob shifted in anger.

    "Come on Bells, let's get you home." Rea said, checking out Bella's hand. It took some serious damage, it looked slightly wonky, making Rea gag slightly but she made a slight sling that looked like it would collapse if Bella moved her arm, "We'll take you to the treaty line. I'm sure your leach will be there."

    "Yeah," Bella muttered, wincing in pain as she took a too big of a step, jolting her whole body, including her arm.

"I never thought you had it in you." Seth idly said as he helped Bella into her truck. She had driven it to La Push with Jacob but he wasn't going for the return trip.

"What?"

"You punched a werewolf in the face; Jared is never gonna let you live that down. Although Leah might be mad at you."

    "Seth," Rea chimed in, "That's not helping at all. So, you're graduating soon then?"

    Bella smiled and nodded before delving into how she invited Jacob but the punch was uninviting him.

    Taking a sharp left, the three approached the treaty line where a silver Volvo was parked; Edward Cullen leaning against it. He looked concerned, and slightly angry, when he saw the truck approaching.

    "Bella, Love," He fretted as soon as she crossed the treaty line, "you should have listened to me. Did they hurt you?"

    "Shut up. Don't act like you're better than me." Bella said, getting into the car, "Rea will explain."

    Edward stalked forward towards the treaty line, "Well. Explain then."

    Rea laughed, leaning against Seth who had his arms wrapped around her, their collective weight against the truck, "She punched Jacob in the face. Did him no damage but boy, did his ego deflate. Wish I recorded it now."

The mind reader nodded before getting back into his car, speeding off into Forks with Bella at highly illegal speeds.

"Well that was a bit rude." Seth laughed as he opened Rea's car door for her before climbing into the truck on the other side.

"He's a vampire, they all have sticks up their arses."