|26| Oaf

Chapter Twenty-Six: Oaf

    "Riri? Are you okay?" Sam rushed over to his little sister, checking her over for any injuries. But she had both werewolf strength and healing on her side.

"Stop fussing, you big oaf. I'm fine."

"She hurt you!"

"Don't worry Sam, I'm used to it." Rea smiled sadly, looking down at her feet as she shuffled into the kitchen, "Soup?"

Nodding a yes, Sam followed his little sister, grabbing a bowl from the cupboard she couldn't reach, even on tiptoes. The house was still silent, and the siblings were appreciative of the quietness.

Pouring the soup evenly into two bowl, Sam walked them over to the dinner table whilst Rea brought over spoons and a loaf of Emily's homemade bread.

"That's the thing Riri, you shouldn't be." Sam reached for the bread and ripped of a few chunks for himself before passing it back to Rea who did the same, crumbs dropping everywhere. "Are you going to tell Seth?"

"I don't think that would be wise, him being an overprotective imprint and all." Rea laughed, startling Sam with her outburst, "Mamma's gonna die."

|~|~|~|~|

    "Harder! Oh my God Seth, I need you to go harder!" Rea yelled to her boyfriend as they were approaching where they needed to be.

    Groaning, Seth complied to Rea's request, forcing himself to go harder. "I'm trying, Babe,
I'm real close."

    "Just go har- right there! That's the spot!" Rea cut herself off when she realised that she was close too, "together! Hold it.... now."

    And with one final push, they had finished putting the box back into Rea's wardrobe. She just hoped Sam didn't come home because she had to close the door to open her wardrobe.

Smiling to herself, Rea shoved Seth onto her bed before climbing on herself, grabbing the water bottles from her bed-side table.

"Here." She tossed one to him before opening her own, water trickling down her cheek as she took a swig.

"Are you okay? You seem... different."

Rhiannon recoiled away from her imprint: what if he knew? did Sam tell him about mom? "What's that supposed to mean."

"Well nothing but-"

"Seth what are you on about."

"Okay! I saw your mother leaving here before! I wanted to know what happened." Seth admitted, sighing when he realised he had upset her.

"Why didn't you ask before?"Rea looked down as she began to twiddle her thumbs together.

"I don't know."