|15| Voicemail

Chapter Fifteen: Voicemail

You've reached the voicemail of Seth Clearwater, leave a message or don't. Honestly I'm just shocked someone called.

    Rea looked down at her phone; this was the seventh time she called him today. She understood why he hadn't answered but she hadn't seen him for days, the imprint bond was straining the both of them. Sighing, she pressed call once more.

You've reached the voicemail of Seth Clearwater, leave a message or don't. Honestly I'm just shocked someone called.

    Taking a moment to compose herself, Rea stood up from her bed and began the short descent down the stairs to the living room, where most of the pack stood, surprised by her entrance has she hadn't left her room in a few days, she only left to go to the bathroom and then back to bed. The strain of the bond had been tearing her inside out.

    "Rea? Are you okay?" Paul asked from the couch, breaking the silence created when she walked into the room.

   "mm-fine" She mumbled out heading for the kitchen. Her throat was red-raw from coughing, Billy Black had said it was because of the distance between the two imprints but Sam refused to accept that as a fact, saying she was just ill even though no shifter had ever been ill before.

   "No you're not, Princess. Go back to bed." Sam told her, his voice laced with concern for his baby sister. He stood up to help guide her back to bed, "I'll bring some food up in a minute."

    "It's fine Sammy. Its noth-" Rea lowly said before she was cut off by blood rising through her throat, choking the young girl. Blood poured out of her mouth, the pack watching in fear.

    "Go get him!" Sam yelled, realization setting in. The young imprints had started their full bond.

~~~~

    You've reached the voicemail of Seth Clearwater, leave a message or don't. Honestly I'm just shocked someone called.

The voice played out of Seth Clearwater's phone. He knew who was calling -Rea- it was the seventh time today. He knew that he should answers but he couldn't walk over to his phone where it had been charging for over a week.

    The news of his father's premature demise had sent the young boy into a grief stricken state. He couldn't comprehend it, it wasn't possible. His father couldn't be dead, not his dad. In his grief, Seth Clearwater had isolated himself away from the world, not thinking on the negative consequences it would have on his friends and family.

    He didn't know that Rea Uley was hurting because of him.

    He didn't know the pain he caused her until Jared, Embry and Paul had shown up at the Clearwater residence, demanding to see him. He didn't that he was slowly killing the both of them.

    "What do you want?"

    "Sam wants to see you. It's Riri. She's ill, Billy said it's because you haven't been around each other." Paul spoke first, the lack of sleep evident on his face.

    "The imprint bond." Jared filled in, leaning against Seth's bedroom door.

    "I did that to her." Seth looked down, furious at himself. He hurt her. He hurt his Rea, "Take me to her."