|7| Double thumbs up

Chapter Seven: Double thumbs up

"HE DID WHAT?"

"You read his mind, I think you know." Rea sighed as her half-brother ranted on at her. He had gone on patrol with Seth and learned about what had happened at the Clearwater home.

"That's it! I am going to kill him. You will never see him again. You're not going out. Rhiannon May Uley, you are grounded!"

"Hey! Full name, that's a bit harsh."

"I'm protecting you."

"What if someone tried to keep Emily from you."

"I'd kill them."

"Whose going to pull the trigger," Rea stood up and moved over to Sam, pulling her (very ironic) puppy dog eyes that she knew her brother couldn't resist, "me or you?"

Sam looked at his sister and then the floor. He knew she had him there. It was always her talent, Rea can always guilt Sam into her will and way, "Fine," he called, "You can come in, Seth!"

The young shifter came bounding in the door to see Sam staring him down, causing his run to come to a halt. Seth's gaze shifted from Sam to Rea, checking to see if she was okay and getting a double thumbs ups from the latter whilst the former cleared his throat, gaining Seth's attention once more.

    "Okay, ground rules:" Sam started, still in denial that his little sister had been imprinted on, "No kissing, hugging, hand-holding. Actually don't even make eye contact."

    "Sam!"

    "Fine, hugging and hand-holding. But one thing is for certain, break her heart, or even make her cry, being kicked out of the pack will be the last of your worries."

    Seth looked at Sam, obviously shaken by his Alpha's threat. However, a small nod from Rea told Seth to agree with Sam to sedate him slightly.

    "Okay, right. Cool," Seth said, fumbling over his words slightly causing Rea to giggle slightly, "No breaking her heart, got it."

    Glaring at Seth, Sam ran outside and phased as his temper was running thin where his little sister was involved.

    Deep down he knew that Seth couldn't possibly hurt her due to the imprint bond but that doesn't mean he can't worry about her because that's all they had left: each other. And he couldn't lose Rea, not again.

    "That went well," Rea laughed. She had expected a shitshow and a half but overall she would call this a good reaction, "but it's like four in the morning and unfortunately I have to be up at six."

    "Why's that?"

    "Mandatory education and whatnot, y'know being underage and all that jazz."

    Seth inwardly smiled at this, she would be with him at school. Maybe now it would be bearable at the least, if not better.  "You going here or Forks high?"

    "It's Sam and his overly protective arse, what do you reckon?"

    "I'll be here in the morning to walk you then Miss Rhiannon."

    Rea began walking to her room but not before turning towards Seth: "Don't call me that."