|20| Second attempt

Chapter Twenty: Second attempt

"You're a wanker."

"You love me."

Seth Clearwater had taken up most of Rea's bed to much of her dismay. They had just built the double bed in her room that wasn't big enough to hold it and her drawers, leaving on a sliver of carpet to walk up.

She had purchased the bed to give her more room of a nighttime as Seth had a habit to stay in Rea's room (fully clothed of course) , but by the looks of Seth spread across the whole thing, she wasn't ever going to get that wish.

    "So where am I gonna lay then?" Rea asked, hands on her hips. "My college funds paid for this and I don't get to even use it."

    "Well you could lay real close to me," Seth said, extending the 'e' in 'real' far longer than anyone has ever pronounced it.

    Taking his suggestion, Rea crawled upon the bed, shifting her weight so her back was against his stomach (which Rea didn't fail to notice was comprised of pure muscle) and her hand intertwined with his.

    As soon and his imprint stopped wiggling, Seth wrapped his arms around her, keeping her close against him. They lay still, enjoy the brief silence they never seem to get.

    "Rhiannon May Uley!" And there it was, the peacefulness gone, "your door is open, right?"

    "Yes Sam."

    "You are keeping it PG13 right?"

    "Most definitely Sam!"

    That, after the suffering Seth had caused, had been one of Sam's only rules: 'All inside doors must be left open.' which Rea could understand. But Sam being Sam had told Sue Clearwater that rule, causing her to enforce it too.

    Sam had become more protective over Rea since the week from hell, but she understood why. It must had been awful for him. She couldn't comprehend the pain she caused.

    "This is nice." Seth muttered out of nowhere, gaining Rea's attention like he had hoped to do.

    Rea turned in his arms so they were face to face, "What is? Not letting me have my bed to myself."

    "Being here, alone. We are never alone anymore."

    "We should go to the treehouse more often."

    "We can anytime you wish, Rhiannon."

    "Don't call me that!"

~~~~

The sun had just began to set as the young imprints can across their clearing. Summer was then shifting into fall. The first of the fallen leaves colored the dying grass.

Rea had, somehow, convinced Sam and Sue Clearwater to let her and Seth stay the night here again. Of course, Rea had made Seth carry the bag of clothes and snacks whilst she took a couple of blankets, draping them over her arm.

"You scared me y'know?" Seth said to Rea as they walked across the field, taking her her into his own.

"When?"

"When I saw you there, barely moving."

"Don't be. You didn't know."

"But I should have."