|16| Oblivion

Chapter Sixteen: Oblivion

A/n: Im mean, im sorry. but enjoy :)

The motion of the winding, jagged back-roads of La Push cliffs made Seth Clearwater physically sick as they rushed him back to Rea Uley. He tried to keep himself together and not let Rea see him at such a low but instead, he isolated himself and made things worse.

    Now his Rea was suffering because of him; he was suffering from his actions. He didn't realize what he was doing. It was only a week, it couldn't be that bad after a week.

    But it was.

    Rea, however, had taken the brunt of the bond, easing Seth's pain. Or at least she was; she had let it go. Not intentionally, she would never do that deliberately. Seth could call her the worst names under the sun and she would be taking a bullet for him every day, but alas.

    The pain had been too much for the young shifter. Oblivion's icy fingers grasped Rea Uley, keeping her in its firm hold, never letting go. Time didn't seem to move for Sam as he saw the last of his family being pulled away from him.

    "Rea! Rea, wake up!" Sam yelled. Panic struck his face. Rea, his baby sister was slipping away,

    "Quill? Where is he? Seth?"

    "I'm on the phone to Paul, five minutes maybe. Maybe a bit longer. He isn't holding up well either."

    "Two. He better be here in two. If she dies, I'll kill him myself."

    Sam held her body close, feeling the heat drifting away from her skin. Not even in the winter's snow and ice had a shifter ever been this cold.

    Her usually olive skin had turned ashen; if she didn't have a slight heartbeat, she would be identical to a corpse left from a vampire, all blood drained.

    "Come on, Little Wolf. Don't leave me, I just got you back." Sam begged, ignoring the slightest of tears in his eyes, "Come on, I can't lose you. Jake, go get Billy. Now!"

    "Sam?" Quill said from the corner, praying he didn't get wolfed out upon, "Should I go get the Cullen doctor, he may know what to do."

    The Alpha collapsed against the wall in defeat, cradling his baby sister still. He was at a stalemate. He couldn't bring Rea to the vampire and Carlisle couldn't come over here because of the treaty, and Jacob would rip him to shreds.

    Looking up at Quill with his hollowed expression, he just shrugged his shoulders before looking back down at Rea, softly wiping away the hair on her face.

    "I am just gonna put her on her bed. Make her comfortable y'know." Sam's voice was grim as the realization that he could lose her set in. He never got to tell her the legends of her pack and tribe. He never got to tell her that she would be leading the pack with him, by his side as she was of Uley blood also.

    Laying her down gently on her small bed, Samuel Uley looked down at his little sister and felt for the first time in his life absolute fear.