TWELVE

so sorry for for the slower updates over the past few days, it's been hectic as fuck! i'm currently innundated with revision

so sorry for for the slower updates over the past few days, it's been hectic as fuck! i'm currently innundated with revision. i hope u enjoy this new chapter and i will try to update more but i would only expect a few updates until friday the 21st, on which i shall be writing loots! (this applies to sin too so wooo)

enjoy x

word count; 2092

Rosamund

I waited for him as a monk awaited daily prayers. It was an odd feeling that I experienced, a mix of apprehension and excitement. I could not sit about and wait, favouring looking from my window into the ever-bustling nightlife of Winchester.

"Will you not sit, Lady?" Edwina asked with the most sympathetic tone that she could muster. I gave her a soft, kind smile before slowly shaking my head.

"Alas, I think not," I said. It was as soon as the final word left my mouth that a knock at my chamber door sounded, loud and clear. Both Addela and Edwina glanced at me, prompting me to nod. On my instruction they opened the door, revealing a familiar face. I could not suppress the smile that forced its way to my expression.

"Lady,"

I stood and nodded to my Ladies, who hastily exited my chambers as quickly as they had entered.

"Finan," I smiled, taking a step towards him. It was the first time that I found myself stuttering in the presence of a man, unable to charm or laugh. I was made weak by his presence, my resolve and confidence falling by the second. "I hope you are well, yes, well."

Finan could not help but chuckle lightly as he nodded, "Cat got yer' tongue?"

I frowned and rolled my eyes, taking a step towards him. Finan did the same, not a moment's hesitation occurring. He was only a step away from me and I had a hard time resisting just taking that step and closing the gap between us.

"I will that I have found the loss of your presence rather unamiable." I couldn't have spoken in more formal tones. Finan understood what I was saying, yes, but my words were cold and lacked what I had wished for them to have. I could barely display an affection for him if I was talking like we were in a war negotiation.

"As have I, Rosamund," Finan admitted, meeting my eyes.

"I regret having... disagreed with you over such a trivial matter." I placed a hand on his cheek and sighed, feeling the familiar beard that brushed against the palm of my hand. "I find that I would rather we were on simpler terms."

"God, you're really not good at this, are ya'?"

I giggled and shook my head, knowing Finan would find my response amicable no matter what I said.

"It is easier to charm men when I do not possess such affection for them."

"Cold." Finan's comment was short and full of truth.