TWENTY THREE

honestly this would've been posted a few hours earlier but i got distracted by online shopping when i was meant to be finishing it

i am SO sorry for not updating over the last few days, it's been hectic as heck but thank u for returning to this book and reading this cheeky chapter, and thank u for 3k!! aaaaa my lil heart's buzzin

currently half two in the morning and i have lots to do tomorrow so goodnight my lieblings and enjoy x

word count; 2014

Rosamund

Alas, we arrived in Winchester so late at night that no one was awake. We were hastily shown to our chambers and soon enough I had fallen into the abyss of sleep, as much as I could. With child, it was a little more difficult to achieve a deep sleep. When I woke, I woke to a grinning Owain. It was the eve of Edward's wedding and I was yet to greet him - by tomorrow night, he would be a married man.

"It is not at all creepy to stare at someone while they sleep," I teased, my voice a little gruff from my tiredness. He chuckled lightly,

"I would do it all day if I could."

"Thankfully you can't," I responded, sitting up and placing my feet on the floor. The stone was a cold, as was to be expected of a frosty morn. I glanced back at him and smiled, "I have some things to do so I shall see you soon, Owain,"

"Must you?" He pouted, taking my hand. I nodded and smiled,

"Am I not the Queen?"

I took my hand from his grasp and hurriedly pulled on my dress, knowing I would change before we attended the wedding - that was but a day away. I took my cloak from the back of the chair and tied it, pattering about in an attempt to find my shoes. It did not take too long - I did not wear complicated dresses as I used to; my swollen belly prevented that much.

"A most beautiful one." Owain sleepily muttered, grabbing my attention as soon as the words left his mouth. I scoffed in response,

"I need no compliments, I assure you. I am quite aware of my beauty," I jested. He only smiled more. "Enjoy your extra time in bed." I spoke as I opened the chamber door.

"I would rather enjoy it with you!" He called as I shut the door behind me, a smile spreading across my lips. But, alas, I had a mission to pursue, something that would be life or death (well.. Socially, not literally); finding Addela.

I did, thankfully, find Addela and sorted all that needed to be done. It was but a few tasks, a few meaningless letters to reassure the Ealdormen of Gwynedd that my Father was not intending to invade - an absurd rumour that was perpetuated by my enemies. Fear emboldened men to be utterly preposterous and pursue actions that God himself would not ordain.

Nonetheless, as I would later find out, this 'wedding' event would prove to be a pivotal moment for me in that I felt I spent more time with Finan than my own husband. I had missed him greatly and I had found myself uncontrollable in his presence, even after the events of Cookham. I wanted to be with him at all times and when I wasn't with him I pined for his company. I was not setting myself up for an effective, emotionless return to Gwynedd but in that moment I simply didn't care. All I wanted was to be with Finan. And, unsurprisingly, it was mutual.