TWENTY FOUR

sin updates coming soon! i have the next chapter written but honestly it needs edited and belladonna is prewritten for like the next two chapters so i can space them out but sin has a long ass ending written and one chapter and between that is not...

sin updates coming soon! i have the next chapter written but honestly it needs edited and belladonna is prewritten for like the next two chapters so i can space them out but sin has a long ass ending written and one chapter and between that is not done lmao so expect updates but i cannae promise they'll be up by the end of the week (i mean it's 3am right now so i've got 21 hours to try, most of which will be spent sleeping oops)

pinky swear there is updates coming thoooo

enjoy x

word count; 2264

Rosamund

"Edward?" I called, pushing the door ajar to find him. And there he was; soon to be a married man. He had grown so in the time we had known each other and he was a man now, a true man. But he still had that baby face. I had missed him greatly.

"Rosamund," He smiled as he looked at me. He pulled me into a tight embrace; I could hear his heart pounding like never before.

"Nervous?" I chuckled as we parted, instinctively placing a hand on my belly. He laughed nervously and nodded hastily,

"Is it that obvious?" He grimaced, clearly on edge. That was to be expected; it was his first marriage and he clearly liked the girl.

"No!" I exclaimed with a grin, "I just know you too well."

"You look well," He commented, glancing down at my ever-swollen stomach. I smiled and nodded,

"I am enjoying the fruits of my labours," I teased. He cheeks flushed red but he, cooly, arched a brow,

"I thought you didn't care for such vulgarities?" Edward jested, clearly reminiscing about our shared youth.

"I'm married now, Edward, I can be as vulgar as I want," I teased. It was moments like this that filled me with a painful nostalgia of my youth. "I'm told Aelflaed is a sweet girl,"

"That she is," He nodded and allowed a small smile to grace his expression. I could not help but allow my own expression to be filled with joyful contentment. I may not have been born in Wessex but I felt I belonged here, despite my foreign heritage and position. "Though she is not you,"

"Precisely, which is why she is all the better matched to you," I grinned, fiddling with the front of his coat. "Your tailor is, frankly, appalling,"

"I'll tell him of your distaste," Edward chuckled. "God, Rosamund." He sighed,  "Don't you miss it?"

"Miss what?" I asked to prompt him further, despite already knowing the answer. It was an obvious enough thing - I would have to be idiotic to miss it.

"Your maiden time; the time we shared," He let out such a sigh that even I was surprised at the level of nostalgia he held. "You were my first love."