THIRTY FIVE

so i've just seen mary queen of scots and honestly it's so good. i was expecting something wholly inaccurate (mainly bc she has a scottish accent instead of a french) but they've actually done the whole french thing really well & have stuck close to the history. the film was super fast paced but it was so good - wish we'd seen the babbington plot though!! it just kinda ended on mary's exile and then went straight to her execution so if u didn't know what happened it wasn't really explanined apart from a 1 liner (also i know it's a 15 but there was a lot more sex than i was expecting)

also they failed to mention the fact mary had been styling herself as the english queen since 1559 to make her a more amicable protagonist but ok

anyway, hope u enjoy this new chapter!! trying to write a lot so i can get this finished (..also is it just me or has wattpad gone quiet with the TLK fandom?? like come back we miss u x)

ALSO

just to add on, i don't think there will be any updates next weekend (25th) due to the fact medici season 2 is coming to netflix and i intend to consume myself in that so forgive me, thank u and, as ever my lieblings,

enjoy

word count; 1641

word count; 1641

Rosamund

I let out a scream when I saw his head on my table. I crouched over and felt a sickness take over me. I ignored all occurrences and felt sick, nausea exiting me like no other.

"My God, my God, my God," I repeated, loud sobs erupting from my mouth. Edward rushed in and saw what was going on. He wrapped his arms around me and took me into the corridor as Uhtred approached. He peeked in the room and nodded,

"Guards!"

He, too, was shocked by this revelation. This event. This death. This loss.

"My boy, my poor, poor Finan, my poor," I sobbed, unable to make a coherent sentence. "Oh, my poor, poor boy," I cried, feeling utterly faint.

It was then I woke with sweat dripping down my forehead as I panted like never before and a fear instilled within me. Owain lay next to me, clean and sleeping peacefully. He had taken my bed that night, claiming that no matter our differences we still had to do our duty and provide an heir. I agreed but I did not enjoy such a matter; no child could replace the hole Aethelwulf had left.

Nonetheless, Owain claimed his comment about Finan was ill-advised and that he meant little by it. I doubted it. He was not one to make a false commentary — far from it.

Alas, I wandered the corridors of the Palace soon after I woke and felt a listlessness. A depression. A feeling in the pit of my stomach that I could not shake.

I could not believe he had returned. It was as if someone had taken a knife to my stomach and twisted it for all to see; him and his whore. He had taken her to shame me. To give her a child to prove that I was a failure in my role. We had been married not yet a year and already we were wholly indifferent to each other. Angered by one another. I'd been a fool to think we would be alright.