EIGHTEEN

this is the fourth update to my finan fics in 36 hours, be proud my lieblings x

EDIT; in the name bit i put morwenna originally then published so if ur device is saying morwenna apologies lmao it's 1am but it has been changed to Rosamund (thank god!!)

word count; 2130

Rosamund

I let my breath fall as I entered the room. Owain stood at the other end, his back facing me. Aelwyd was a few metres behind him but watching me with kind eyes. I smiled at her and she smiled back, allowing some of my anxiety to dissipate before anything had begun. Nonetheless, a knot remained.

I moved forward slowly with a straight back and held my head high. I had to have a posture fit for a Queen as, well, in a few minutes I would be a Queen.

I spied my brothers, Arculf and Theodulf, standing in the pews. They both gave me wide smiles of reassurance and I was grateful. I was also grateful for my Father's lack of attendance; he had not arrived in time and I was thankful. He would've only increased my nerves further.

I then spied Edward. The Prince of Wessex looked, admittedly, pained by the ceremony but he gave me such a smile I knew he was happy for me. He still believed he loved me and I was beginning to believe he did but we both knew it was not sustainable for a simple reason; it was unrequited. But Edward was more conforming than Finan. Edward wished me to be happy and accepted that it could be with another man. Finan disagreed. He loved me and wished for my happiness but he would hate such a marriage. It would eat up at him once he heard and I felt a sense of overwhelming guilt. I didn't quite know whether he would even accept it, in truth, but I merely hoped he could move on from it.

By that moment, I had reached Owain. He glanced at me and a smile spread across his lips. Once more I felt my nerves dissipate. I could not help but return his smile. The priest began and, as he spoke, Owain leaned a little to the left and whispered in my ear,

"You look beautiful."

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks once more and burn scarlet. I could not suppress the smile that grew as a result when I met his eyes. We looked at each other for a few seconds before the priest coughed awkwardly and we both returned to looking at the floor. But then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Owain's head tilt again and his eyes burn into me. I smiled once more.

The priest moved forward and we both put our wrists adjacent from each other, allowing the priest to encircle it with a pink ribbon and subsequently tie it. It was then the ceremony could, officially, begin.

"Lord, God in your heaven, we are humbly gathered before you on this today, in thanks and celebration." He began. I droned out for the rest of it, not wishing to listen to the dull sermon of a priest who knew little of us. It was a while later when we were, in the eyes of God, married.