FORTY

** I haven't grammar checked this yet so forgive any errors

how are we already at forty chapters? feels like yesterday that i published the prologue

if you like Merlin i've published a new fic for that. i think it'll be leon x oc because there are barely any and honestly Leon is just... he's so damn cute and there needs to be more appreciation for that man. like, archetypal knight? yes. extremely hot? yes. head of hair that literally rivals rapunzel? yes. he's a mood tbh.

i am also tempted to change the OC for Sin because i watched medici a few weeks ago and I'm absolutely obsessed so watch this space... although i've already used Clarice so idk if I want to repeat her so maybe Bianca? who knows

also, it's times like these I need to be ruder to people because simply rewording my fics ain't gonna stop me from noticing the fact you've literally just taken mine and put your own OC in but ok

like ????

imagine thinking i wouldn't notice smh. It's not even creative license at this point or literary archetypes it's blatant plagiarism

like hun bye 👋🏻

ANYWAY enjoy and apologies for my wee rant, it's 6am and I ain't in the mood for this shit x

word count; 1718

Rosamund

I fully intended to do as I said. I approached Finan with determination and a key idea in my mind that I would not be swayed from. Alas, it seemed the Irishman had his own surprises. Finan brought up Aethelwulf and I was plunged into conversation that I would wish to avoid — more so as I had not expected such a topic to arise.

"He was yours," I spoke, glancing at the Irishman. His face was indecipherable, his expression filled with numerous emotions. "He had all your mannerisms, your hair, even your cheeky little smile. I tried not to believe it but he was yours, he had to be, and he's gone. All alone in the cold, cold ground."

Finan looked at me softly and allowed a small smile to grace his lips,

"Don't torture yerself, Rosamund. It's not worth it."

"But can't you see?" I asked. "We are going round and round with no end to this torment. It pains you, that is obvious enough. It shan't continue, not now, I-"

"Look-"

"No." I cut him off as he had done to me. "We all must move on, Finan. It has been years and you cannot hope for this falsehood, this idea that my marriage will end. No, Finan, no. I won't allow it."

"No," He repeated with a breathy chuckle, "You don't get to decide that, Rosamund. You don't get to say whether I am allowed to love you or not."