TWENTY SEVEN

ooo shit is about to go DOWN

and when i say down i mean the last episode of outlander's ending DOWN (which i mean.. jamie o jamie what have u DONE)

this is the beginning of a very very big plot so enjoy my lieblings x

kinda have another fic where the chick's aristocratic but she's like literally a queen in her own right and i was like ooo idea but honestly it's similar to belladonna cos they're both royal but this OC is like.. idk how to describe her. she's weird but not weird in the sense of the word weird in that she's not like Morwenna or Rosamund

HMMM WHO KNOWS

let me know if u want me to write it because honestly i am burnin to do it so LET ME KNOW x

also i realise this is quite fast paced bc they've literally been in gwynedd one chapter but i have so much to get through and i don't want this becoming a 100 part fic lmao so forgive me for speeding shit up (..also i realise the passage of time has been pretty quick cos it's been about 2 years in 27 chapters but girrlll we got so many years to get through!! so enjoy my friends, au revoir and happy new years eve!!!)

i am going to shut up now, enjoy x

word count; 2017

Rosamund

Returning to Gwynedd was of little joy to me. I missed Winchester and the people in it; Llanfaes was no replacement for the vivacious city of Wessex. There was no comfort from my station, the only solace I experienced stemming from prayer. Nonetheless, I did my duty, or what else was this all for? I had abandoned Finan for my duty, I had moved to Gwynedd for my duty and I had married Owain for my duty. If I did not keep faith in the notion of it, all my actions would be worthless and my soul hollowed by the lack of purpose. And so, I did my duty.

It was dusk, but a week after our return. My ankles were beginning to swell and I had difficulty sleeping; the child would soon be with us. The physicians estimated I had but eight weeks or so until our son arrived and, no doubt, it would be a tumultuous time. Preparations for my confinement had begun and I had but two weeks until I would enter it. I looked forward to the peace, in truth, and the knowledge no harm could come to me. Not while in confinement. 

Even so, enemies continued to circle. This would be a testing time for Owain; he would lack my presence and the certainty of survival. It was this which emboldened his enemies, knowing that if I produced a son, his position would be solidified. But if I were to perish, Owain would lose my Father's support. He would lose the armies of Aquitaine and he would lose the ability to produce an heir, well, until his remarriage. It all hung in the balance. 

In the utmost honesty, such uncertainty should've created a sense of anxiety in me but it hadn't. Edward's reassurances and the knowledge of what my family would do if I were deposed, well, it sparked a strength in me I didn't know I had.