1- Falling Apart

Nova

Is it possible to die from a broken heart? I think it is. Why? Because it's happening right now.

All I wanted was to sit down with my boyfriend and talk, spend some time together on our anniversary, but apparently even that was to much.

So here I am, alone, in a fancy, upscale Italian restaurant.

Did I mention I was by myself?

Because Wes didn't show up. It had been almost three hours and he hasn't shown, he hasn't even sent a text message.

I quickly wipe away the tears that found their way down my cheek and payed for my glass of wine that I had been nursing.

This wasn't the first time Wes hasn't shown up, and I knew it wouldn't be the last.

I stand up and straighten my maroon dress before heading outside to my car. The weather was decent tonight. It was warm, but there was a slight breeze that sent small chills through my body. I was grateful  when I finally reached my car. I slide in as my phone dings with a text.

Lace- Hey! Happy Anniversary! How'd the night go? Did you guys enjoy each other's company? 😉

Me- He didn't show 😣

Lace- Again? What the hell is his problem?

Me- he's busy, he has work.

Lace- 😑 that is not an excuse Nova. You're his girlfriend, you need to be a priority. Call him right now.

I was to upset to call him, but I knew I needed to. But I'll do it later, when I'm home, in bed.

I turn the key to start my car and the engine starts making a clicking sound. I groan and hit my head against the steering wheel. This night just keeps getting worse.

I open the door and get out of my car before walking around the front and popping the hood. It's not like I knew what I was doing, but maybe I could figure out if something was off.

Nope.

I'm still just as lost when it comes to cars as I was five minutes ago.

"Damn you" I say to the car.

I pull out my phone to call a mechanic, I needed to be home tonight so I could see my baby. She's the only thing that made me happy nowadays. Being a mom has taken a toll on me, but I don't care. Because even though it's exhausting, I've loved every minute since the day she was born.

"Novs?" A gruff voice says causing my attention to drift from my phone to the looming figure.

I squint my eyes as the figure walks closer to me.

"Oh my god. Spencer?" I say when he gets close enough to me

He wraps me in a hug before quickly stepping away.

"It's been awhile, how have you been?"

"Yeah, I haven't seen you since the wedding. How long has that been five years?"

Spencer nods his head

"I'm okay. How are you spence?"

I didn't want to tell him about tonight. Yes I've known Spencer my whole life, he's one of my best friends, and I trust him with my life. But he doesn't need to know my boyfriend stood me up.

"I've been good, I'm opening my own firm in a few months, I just moved into a smaller place since it's just me. It took awhile but I finally got off my lazy ass and did it" he says with a grin.