4- The One Night Stand

Spencer

"So tell me Laura, what do you like to drink? I have wine, scotch, bourbon, tequila, and whiskey." I ask her as she takes a seat on my couch.

I couldn't believe I was really doing this.

I was disgusted with myself.

"Wine would be great" she answers in a cheerful tone.

I pour her a glass of red wine and myself a glass of the strongest alcohol because I didn't want to remember tonight. The guilt would eat me alive.

I take a seat next to her and hand her the wine. She thanks me and takes a small sip before turning her attention to me.

"You're new to this whole thing aren't you?" She asks as I guzzle my drink. I pour myself another one and down it before answering her.

"What do you mean?"

She chuckles.

"I mean new to the whole take a girl to bed on the first date thing"

I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Uh Yeah I guess so"

I pour and down two more drinks before I notice she's staring at me with a sly smile on her face.

She puts her wine glass down and walks over to me. She begins trailing her finger up my arm as I continue to drink. I was feeling a little tipsy, but I needed more if I was going to get plastered.

"Just relax" she whispers in my ear before she starts sucking on my earlobe.

My body tenses as her lips move to my neck and she starts sucking on my skin. I put my glass down and grip her hips before pulling her body closer to mine.
She wraps her arms around my neck and leaves hot trails of kisses on my jaw and chin.

Her hands slide down my body until she gets to my jeans. She slips her hand up my shirt, feeling my stomach.

"Relax Spencer" she whispers seductively, as she takes my shirt off of me.

She goes back to kissing my body, from my chest, to my shoulder, to my neck again.

She was a huge turn on. She knew how to get a guy riled up let me tell you.

I finally give into the urge and kiss her lips firmly. I needed this. It was the only way.

**

The next morning I wake up and find Laura still with me. Despite the pounding headache I pull myself out of bed and to the kitchen. I felt bad using her so I was going to make her some coffee and breakfast. It was the least I could do.

Halfway through the pancakes I hear my bedroom door creek open. I glance up and see her in her underwear and her shirt from last night. Her hair was everywhere and her makeup was smudged. Once she sees me she smiles and sits on the barstool by the island.

"Do you make breakfast for all your one night stands?"

I shake my head as I put the pancake on a plate for her.

"No I don't usually do that. Last night... that wasn't me"

She chuckles as I place the plate in front of her.

"I kind of figured."

I pour her a cup of coffee and place it in front of her before leaning on my forearms.

"Spencer? Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure"

"Who's Nova?"

I choke on my coffee and start coughing uncontrollably.

"How did-"

"You kept saying her name last night."

My face gets red and heats up.

Well this was utterly embarrassing.

"I'm sorry." I mumble

She shows me a sweet smile.

"You love her don't you? And you were trying to forget her?"

I nod my head and hide my face.

She places her hand on my arm.

"Spencer it's fine. Last night was incredible but can I ask why?"

I take a deep breath.

"You're right. I'm in love with this girl, Nova. I ran into her the other day and I couldn't get her out of my head. It was driving me insane. My best friend said that maybe sleeping with someone would help get her out."

"Did it work?"

I shake my head

"No, if anything it made it worse. And I feel guilty. I used you Laura and I'm sorry. I swear I don't even do stuff like that. I was desperate."

"Hey it's okay. I understand. Can I be honest with you? I don't normally do that either. I just broke up with my boyfriend of three years and I took the first opportunity to get laid again."

I glance up at her.

"Have you told Nova that you love her?"

"Hell no! I can't. Not only is she my sister best friend, but she has a boyfriend."

Laura raises an eyebrow at me.

"Just tell her, she deserves to know"

I sigh and run my hand through my hair.

"I can't" I whisper

"I'll help you. I'll help you get your girl"