30- Savannah

It had been six years since I had last seen her, and now here she was standing in my apartment.

She still looked the same. Her strawberry blonde hair hung just past her shoulders, in loose curls, and her pale freckled skin was showing through the sheer top she had on. And her eyes, her bright green eyes. The ones that melted me, made me weak.

They were staring right at me.

Her pink lips turn upward, allowing that damn dimple to show.

"Hi Spencer" she says wagging her fingers at me.

"Savvy." I breath.

I couldn't move, I couldn't breath. My body was numb. I couldn't believe she was here.

I swallow the lump in my throat when Nova glances between the two of us.

"You guys know each other?" She asks with a raised eyebrow.

"We go way back." Savannah replies with a smile.

Nova looks at me. She wanted me to explain.

"Um yeah, Savannah and I used to date freshman year of college."

Nova's eyes widen as she looks between Savannah and me again. She eyes go down to Penny. I knew what she was thinking.

I clear my throat to get her attention.

"So um, Novs this is Savannah. Savvy this is Nova, my fiancée."

Savannah holds a hand out to Nova with a fake smile plaster on her face. Nova reluctantly takes her hand and shakes it.

"So um how are you and Dakota related?" She asks

"Oh Cody is my husbands brother"

H-husband? What the hell.

Dakota scratches the back of his neck and grabs Penny's hand.

"Listen we should probably go Sav. Justin is waiting for us"

Savannah smiles at Nova.

"It was great to meet you Nova."

Her attention goes to me.

"Bye Spence"

I still stand frozen in my spot, my muscles were tense and I still couldn't move.

The door shutting pulls me out of my daze.

Nova is staring at me with her arms crossed.

"Savvy?" She asks

I let out a deep breath and run my fingers through my hair. I collapse on the couch and lay my head in my hands.

My heart was beating erratically. I couldn't believe my dad was right, when did she get back into town?

The couch dips next to me and I feel Nova's hand on my leg.

"Hey Spence, talk to me" She says in a soothing voice.

I let out a loud groan.

"Is She the one?"

I barely manage to nod my head. I wasn't ready to tell this story, it hurt to much.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

No

I nod my head.

Nova grabs my hand and laces her fingers with mine.

"Start whenever you're ready babe"

I take a deep breath before starting. This was going to take a while.

"Savannah and I met in our business class, she wanted to open a daycare center, and I wanted to be a businessman. We got partnered up for a project the first few weeks, and we hit it off instantly. We eventually started hanging out without our study group around and got closer, went on a few dates and then we kissed."

I feel Nova tense up and her grip on my hand tightens.

"We started dating, and I fell for her hard, she always took my breath away and I loved her. God did I love her. I brought her flowers every weekend and always took her places she had never been. We had a great time together."

I take a deep breath before continuing.

"I proposed to her. She said yes and we started planning the wedding right away. We hadn't been dating very long only about six months, but it just felt right. Then one day I went to her dorm room to surprise her and I caught her with a guy from the soccer team."

"My heart broke when I say her with him. I loved her so much and she just went under another guy like it was no big deal. I was a fool thinking that she could love me, that anyone could. And right after we broke up, Lacey came back. I didn't talk to her about it because she was dealing with all that shit with Jonas."

"And then there was you. When I went to college I stopped thinking about you and how much I wanted to murder Dakota for taking you from me. But then when I came home that day and say you crying on the couch, I couldn't take it. I became weak and I fell in love with you all over again. And when you kissed me, it felt like I was flying, I felt free."

"And then I found out you were pregnant, and that same day Savannah called me and asked to meet up. She told me she was sorry and it was a drunken mistake. She told me she had gotten pregnant with the guys kid and asked if I would take her back. But I turned her down because I had moved on. And I haven't spoken or seen her since."

"And now I find out she married Justin, Dakota's brother. The same guy she left me for. Penny's dad"

I glance over at Nova and see her swiping tears off of her cheek.

"I'm so sorry Spencer."

I turn my body towards her and wipe her cheeks.

"Hey don't cry baby, it's okay, we're fine"

She sniffles and wraps her arms around my neck.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, I didn't know"

I nuzzle my face into her neck and take in her pomegranate shampoo. I pull her onto my lap and hold her close to me.

"I always wondered what I had done or didn't do that made me not good enough to where she felt like she had to cheat."

I pull away and look into Nova's eyes.

"That's why I'm so worried about this, us, I'm worried I'll mess it up somehow. I don't want to get my heart broken again, because I know if you leave me I won't be able to recover"

Nova cups my face in her small delicate hands.

"You don't need to be worried, we can get through anything Spencer. I love you. You love me. We will make it work baby no matter the obstacles."

I show her a weak smile before tilted my head up to kiss her. I wanted to give her everything, all the pain, the sorrow, the love, and the peace. I wanted her and I to become one. I wanted us to take on each other's battles.

Because that's what love is all about. Taking the other persons battles as your own and helping them through it, not hindering them.

I knew what we had was special.