13- Mistakes

I didn't know what Spencer wanted to tell me, but I really wanted to. The way he shut himself down really scared me though.

He had locked himself in our bedroom all day and hasn't come out since. Lacey and Griffin had gone home after a while. And Hallie went to her friends house to stay the night. So that just left Spencer and I. But he wouldn't come out of our room.

I was standing outside the door with my fist mid-air. I was so close to knocking, but I didn't want to deal with the fallout if he was pissed for some reason.

Letting out a deep breath I drop my fist and walk away from the door. Just as I teach the living room a knock sounds at the front door.

I slowly make my way to the door to only be greeted with a delivery boy.

"Miss Ramirez?"

"Yes?"

This was all to familiar.

"Sign here for me please"

I quickly sign the paper while my insides twist.

The delivery boy disappears around the corner briefly before coming back with two bouquets of white roses in each hand.

He hands them to me before disappearing around the corner again. I place the flowers in the counter as he comes back with two more bouquets.

"Who are these from?"

I had an idea but I wanted to be certain.

He shrugs lazily.

"The order was anonymous"

I stay silent as I look at all the bouquets of flowers sitting on the counter.

"Have a good day ma'am"

I nod and the door closes.

Taking a deep breath I remove the cards and open them.

Nova I'm sorry.

What I did was a dickish move.

You didn't deserve to be left like that.

Will you forgive me?

Please?

Turn around.

Scrunching my eyes at the last card I slowly turn around.

Spencer is standing in the living room with his hair ruffled and his hands in his pockets.

"Hey" he says in a whisper

"Hi"

His eyes meet mine and my heart breaks. He was hurting and I didn't know why, but I wanted to help him.

"Spence what's wrong?"

He takes a deep breath before he walks over to me hesitantly.

"I wanted to apologize. I shouldn't have left you just sitting on the couch. I made a huge mistake by doing that. I just-" he pauses

"You just what?"

"I want to admit something to you, but I'm afraid it's to early and I don't want you to feel rushed or feel like you have to say it back at all."

Was he going to tell me he loved me?

I watch as his attention goes to the floor. I step closer to him and cup his face in my hands.

"Say it Spencer"

"But I-"

"Say it"

He looks me in the eyes and says the words I had been dying to hear from him.