The "date"?

It was now 6:26 and I guess I should say I should get ready for my uhh "date". Maybe it is a date? Or maybe not? I really need to be more aware of when someone is trying to ask me out.

'I should probably get ready' I thought until there's a knock on my door.

'Tom...?' I thought to myself.

"Uhh...come in!" I yell out, whisper my "uhh".

"Y/n!" I cheerful voice of Matt shouted.
Matt took a look at me and gasped. "Your not ready yet?! How are you supposed to go out looking like that?"

"Uhh...like what?" I questioned.

"Well uhh" he paused "that..."

"Matt, what am I getting ready for? I'm just going to the movies." I explained.

"Just going? Just going?! You can't just act like your everyday self on your first date!"

F-first date?!

"Especially on the first date" matt announced.

I was a blushing mess. Now I know what this is all really about now. Dose...dose tom really like me? Do I really need to get ready? What if something happens tonight? What if it's to awkward after the night ends?! What if- WHAT IF WE START DARING?! What if things don't go right? No no no no! Shut up Y/n! Just let Matt fix you up and get out of the house.

"Uhh Y/n? Hey? Are you listening?
Y/N!!" Matt yelled out, cutting off my train of thought. Thank god he did, I was about to have a panic attack.

"What?! Oh! Yeah I'm uhh I'm listening" I slightly yelled. I got scared of Matt when he yelled. Why is he taking this so seriously? You'd think Matt would just make fun of us about dating or so. He's actually being...helpful?

I signed "....fine..." I whispered.

"Heh Sorry, what was that?" Matt chuckled.

"Yeah yeah! Fine!" I yell with embarrassment.

"Haha! Okay now let's get you all prettyed up"

"Okay uhh how exactly?"

"Hehe! You'll see!"

"God help me" I whispered.

// time skip brought to you by holy lonely pony eating macaroni! //and also tom's pov//

I was sitting on the bench outside the movie theater for about 15 minutes. It was now seven. Is she running late? No...she's probably not coming. She's not answering my texts ether.

I sign " forget it..." I say to myself with a very low voice.

I'm gonna have a drink.

I then get up from where I was sitting and began to walk across the street. As I was walking I turned my head slightly to have one last check if she was coming. I saw this girl walking down my direction. She had this oddly familiar blue navy dress and a black bow down the middle. She looks so nice compared to me. I took I quick glance at myself and gazed at the suit Matt forced me to wear. I was wearing all black but the checkered patterned tie stood out. I was still standing on the middle of the road. She noticed me and stopped walking. My heart was beating and my face heated up as fast as the girl made eye contact with me. My heart only pounds like this when I'm around....Y/n...