Best Friends Forever.

• Dedicated to Victoria U.

Hey guys,

so I'm really sorry that i took so long to update. i know how annoying it is when authors don't update for ages but i had so much things to do and i was in vacation visiting my friends in brazil so please understand that i didn't have much time to write as i never get to spend time with them anymore as i live far away.

anyway, i wrote a chapter in the plane today and maybe it's just me leaving my beloved country but i cried writing this chapter cause.. idk, it just made me feel sad. you guys be the judge of that. tell me what you think :D

isa x

Emily’s POV

Three days later and I still couldn’t stop myself from idiotically grinning at the air when thinking of Niall kissing me at his house. I had been transformed. Sam had caught me various times zoomed out into a different universe in the middle of class, a huge smile plastered across my face. What could I say? I was starting to fall in love… And I was scared.

I was scared for falling for the one guy that could change my world. Make everything better, because I knew that if he were to ever disappoint me, my world would come tumbling down and I’d go back to having no one but Sam in my life. These days, were the kind of days that I wished I had my parents here. I wish I had those two people that I could talk to about anything and I’d know they’d always be there for me because, well, they are family and family never has an end.

Before the accident, my mom had been my best friend. I could tell her anything and we’d laugh and cry about it. Anytime I needed something she was there for me and would cuddle with me in my bed if I was sad or just needed a special someone next to me, telling me everything bad in the world would go away. I didn’t have that anymore. I couldn’t just walk across the hallway in the middle of the night after a nightmare and wake my dad to make me pancakes or scream and tell him to look if there was something in my closet. I know I sound like child, asking my dad to check if there were monsters in my room, something no one would do my age but if it would be the only thing that I could do to have my parents back. If having a nightmare meant I could spend time with them, I’d have about seven-hundred-thousands nightmares a day.

I was lying on my bed, listening to music and thinking about everything that has been going on. The tears welled up in my eyes when I started thinking about my parents. Quite frankly, I missed them so much that I could feel it in every single bone, which felt like they were crushed into pieces. My chest tightened and I breathed heavily. I knew this feeling way too well, I had it almost every day, the need to cry. The need to let out the frustration on anyone that still had their parents. The need to burn down the house so I wouldn’t be reminded of them every single second.

I got up from my bed and peeked out of my bedroom door, checking if the coast was clear. I creeped into my parents room and closed the door carefully, trying to not make a sound. I didn’t want my ‘maid’ of 14 years to notice that I was once again sorting through my parent’s room, looking for a trace of survival. I knew I wouldn’t find anything but being able to have their stuff around, being so close to where they used to be every single night for 25 years somehow reassured me.

I walked into the closet grabbing the first piece of clothing I could find. I looked down at it and smiled through the teary eyes. My dad’s blue shirt that had a huge cookie monster on the front, his favorite shirt of all times. I held it to my face and surprisingly, even after all these years his smell still lingered on it. I decided to give the tears free flow and crouched down. The pain hurt so bad I didn’t know I could take it. I let out a sob and snuggled up in his shirt. I didn’t know how long I was there, lying on the floor letting out feelings. I went to the very back of my parents closet and sat down, opening the box that I knew just too well. The one the police had handed over to me after the accident. I looked through the many plastic bags, holding the items the officers had found in the car. My dads wallet, my moms lipstick, my favorite hoodie. At the very bottom I found the picture of us three and my baby brother that had always been glued to the windshield so everyone could see what a happy family we were. The sobs grew louder as I stared down at the picture, wanting my family back.