t w o

"god knows where I would be
if you hadn't found me
sitting all alone in the dark"

tw - sexual assault, dissociation (I will breifly describe what happened at the end of the warning for anyone who skipped it)

  Forcefully, he grabbed my wrists and yanked them up above my head, still kissing me. I froze. It was as if my brain just shut down. There were no thoughts. No fight. Nothing. I shut my eyes as tight as I could, willing my arms to work, but nothing would happen, they stayed there, bruised and limp in his grip.

The harsh taste of straight vodka felt like it burned my mouth, and the scent of stale cigarette smoke stuck to the back of my throat like a foul-smelling parasite, the odour ingrained into every crevice of his skin, every fibre of his clothes.

When he finally loosened his grip and released my wrists he moved his clumsy, clammy hands down my body, pausing briefly at my chest. Even when his hands moved on from a spot, the feeling of them lingered, and I felt feverish, the path of his hands burning as if they had branded my skin.

Feeling so violated, I managed to let out a few whimpers. I moved my hands to his chest trying hard to push I couldn't. I just couldn't. Before I knew it, silent tears were running down my cheeks, blurring my vision and leaving burning hot trails down the contours of my face.

  He removed his lips from my mouth and just for a moment I thought his relentless attack was over, but then he started kissing down my neck. It left a trail of spit like a slug leaves it's slimy trail on the pavement and I felt so numb it felt like I wasn't even there, that I wasn't the girl with the blond hair and the tear stained cheeks but I was just another onlooker who would walk on by without even even saying a word.

   But the focus returned to my eyes and the numbness started to fade as something caught my eye. I tried to ignore his hand moving slowly up my thighs, and I couldn't gather the strength to move my head but I looked up and met a pair of once happy hazel eyes, the same eyes I had noticed across the club but now filled with concern as she came closer.

    I was afraid to look away, because I knew when I looked back up she would be gone, just a memory like every other person who wouldn't help, but she slowed down. I opened my mouth to attempt to say something, anything to get her to interject.

'I... I-" I stuttered helplessly, no words coming out as the monster clamped his hand over my mouth from where it was on my thighs and the grip on my wrists became so painfully tight that I was sure my wrists were broken. In a last ditch effort I shot her a pleading look, begging her to help me.

    "Get off," the girl with the pretty hazel eyes commanded with as much strength as she could muster as she strode over to us. I felt some faith return to me, and I tried my hardest to resist him, trying to move my neck away from his lips.

  Ignoring her, his hand continued to roam my body, moving closer and closer up my thigh to where I didn't want him to go. I tried my hardest to move my leg, but his hand went with it so I just stood there, staring into her eyes, hoping and praying she would do something, anything.

  "Hey! Get off of her!" She repeated. Her words were now a stronger and a little louder, but just as firm, finally catching his attention.

He turned to face her and I managed to wiggle out of his weakened grip, not totally with it until I heard the sharp sound of a slap bringing me back into reality. He pushed her in my direction and she stumbled back as I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind, trying to break her fall. I heard him mumble something in protest, and I watched him walk away, eyes fixated, I would not have dared to look anywhere else until he had finally pushed open the door, and stumbled back into the club for more drinks.

I helped steady the brown-haired girl as she moved out of my arms and turned to look at me. I managed to focus onto her face and I gasped when I saw the red mark painting one of her cheeks. Without thinking I reached my shaking hand up to brush her cheek, then quickly snaching it back.

"Are you ok?" she asked me her eyes still filled with genuine worry, and somehow I felt like I could trust her. I opened mouth to reply but my throat was so dry as I tried to speak only a choked out noise came out. I just nodded, my head bobbing up and down so quickly I nearly felt dizzy.

As much as I tried to tell her I was fine, the silent, hot tears streaming down my face told her otherwise. She looked at me, bringing both her hands up to hold my forearms. I involuntary flinched at the sudden contact, feeling myself lose touch of reality and being brought back to the situation a few minutes ago.

    I spaced back to the reality of the situation and met her gaze again.

"It's ok you're safe." She spoke softly, moving slightly closer whilst still respecting my personal space. She reached her hand forward again, this time to my hand. I felt her fingertips brush against mine so gently I wasn't sure if I would have noticed had I not seen the gesture.

"Is this ok" she asked gently, trailing off slightly as she waited for my reaction. I nodded again and she took my hands in hers, brushing her thumbs across my knuckles. It may have seemed an odd gesture in another situation but it was so comforting, knowing she was there with me. I felt myself finally start to process what had happened and a wave of emotion overcame me as I collapsed into her.

tw over - essentially, a guy forced himself onto Belle, the brown-haired girl who Belle spotted across the club earlier tried to push him away and he slapped her and then walked off for some more alcohol.

~~~~~

    We stood there for a while, me holding her so tightly, my hands gripping onto the back of her shirt. I was surprised she could breathe properly, and I knew that she let go of me, I would probably have collapsed. She smelt like lemongrass and sleep and freshly washed clothes, and just the presence of someone, even a stranger I hadn't said a word to, brought me so much comfort.

  Her hand was rubbing circles on my back soothingly, and, unlike that man, it left a tingly feeling that spread warmth throughout my body.

    "Shh, it's ok, I won't let him near you." She mumbled softly, her voice like velvet so soft you never want to stop touching it. I smiled weakly into her shoulder as a response, so thankful that someone as kind as this just happened to stop and save me.

When the body-racking sobs returned to silent tears, she gently let go of me.

   "I'm Dodie." She introduced herself with a soft smile I could not help but try to return.

A/N - hello! So what did you think of the second chapter? I have a question (it might seem strange ;) ), would you prefer less frequent, longer chapters, or shorter, more frequent chapters? I'm not sure which to do! Anyway, the next chapter should be out soon
~dawn