f i v e

"I like you
But that's not enough
So if you will
Please fall in love"

   "You did?" Dodie replied, a blush colouring her cheeks, showing me the genuine smile that I was so drawn to at the club.

"It was amazing!" I reassured her, and then yawned.

"Oh! It's 2:30? We should probably go to sleep now," Dodie said with a giggle, now yawning too. I nodded in agreement and followed her out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

   She showed me into a small room, with a large window, walls painted cream, also decorated well, and scattered with pictures of dodie and her friends. There was a bed in the middle of the room, with pretty floral sheets, and fairy lights strung up around the headboard.

   "This was my flatmate's room, I hope it's ok" she said, standing in the doorway.
"The bathroom is just along the hall on the right, there is a spare toothbrush in the cupboard above the sink. Come with me and I will get you something to wear!" She told me, and I walked over to a  room opposite to the one I was sleeping in, painted in a gentle but vibrant shade of yellow.

  "This is my room, by the way, so if you need anything at all in the night, come and wake me up, I won't be too mad in the morning!" Dodie joked, stressing the too, passing me a pair of pajamas.

"Thanks so much!" I said sleepily, "goodnight!"

"Sleep well. Are you ok? About... what happened?" She asked gently, walking over to me and putting her hand on my arm,  not really wanting to bring it up.

"I'm fine... I promise!" I tried to reassure her, and with one last glance over my shoulder back at the girl who had done so much for me in the past evening, I walked back into the other bedroom.

   I put on the pajamas - a pair of black shorts and an white t shirt with a faded design on it, got into the bed, and tried to sleep, but every time I closed my eyes, all I could see was her.

Her beautiful face, her gorgeous smile, the comfort I felt when she held me in a tight embrace, returning a feeling of safety after I had never felt so endangered. It did not help that the pajamas smelt like her as well, the gentle scent of lemongrass and freshly washed clothes filling my nose.

    Eventually, I drifted into a deep, dreamless sleep, and was woken by a quiet knock on the door.

"Belle?" I heard dodie's soft voice through the closed door. "Are you awake?"

I opened my eyes slowly, rubbing them and letting them adjust to the sunlight illuminating the room.

"Hello." I croaked, pushed the duvet off me, and sat up. The door opened with a creak, and I was welcomed by Dodie, in a hoodie and jeans, hair in a messy bun.

"Morning, sleepyhead! I didn't want to wake you up, but it is midday already!" She laughed at my shocked look at the time.

"Already? Oh my gosh I am so sorry, you probably have things to get on with!" I said, worried that I had been a burden on someone who had already done so much for me.

"Oh no don't worry! I have nothing planned today except resting. I mean, I woke up about half an hour ago anyway!" She said, laughing slightly. "Oh, and there's some pancakes for breakfast in the kitchen if you want some!" She added happily.

"As long as I'm not disturbing you!" I replied, relieved. "I'll be in the kitchen in a second," I told her, stretched and got out of the bed

   I walked over to the bathroom, yawning, and brushed my teeth quickly before walking into the kitchen, the delicious smell of pancakes all through the house.

I entered the kitchen, seeing her at the stove, a stack of pancakes at the counter at the side. I'm pretty sure my cheeks turned light pink as I thought about how sweet she looked in her comfy clothes on a Sunday morning even with no makeup at all.

"Belle? You there?" She waved at me jokingly, smiling.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I completely zoned out!" I said, not realising she had turned around and saw me staring as she snapped me out of my daze and I went a deeper shade of pink.

   We then sat at the kitchen table, drinking juice, eating pancakes, conversing easily.

"These are so good!" I mumbled through a mouthful of pancakes.

She nodded, as her mouth was also full, and grinned widely, and our conversation continued.

    After many pancakes, and sides aching from laughing so hard, I got changed in my clothes from the night before. I texted Sophie to pick me up, sending her Dodie's address, and met her in the kitchen once more.

The next thing I knew there was a loud knock on the door. "That must be Sophie!" I told her as I got up to answer it, Dodie following behind me. I opened the door slowly to reveal a tired looking Sophie standing outside, evidently hungover.

"Hi Soph! Thanks for picking me up." I said, amused at how awful she looked, not that I would say that out loud.

"Anytime!" She mumbled sarcastically. "Sorry for ditching you at the club... I would tell you what happened but I can't really remember." She admitted, laughing. "Who's this?" She said, looking at the girl walking up behind me.

"Hi! I'm Dodie. You must be Sophie!" She introduced herself with a smile.

"Hi Dodie. Thank you so much for letting  Belle stay! I don't usually look this awful" she gestured to her face bare of makeup, dark circles under her eyes, her hair unbrushed in a messy bun, then to her loose tracksuit trousers and hoodie, "but I had... quite a night last night."

"We should probably be getting going then." I added, then turning around to Dodie. "Thank you, for everything! You did so much more than anyone else would have, and I have a new friend too!" I said, reaching in for a hug.

We stood there, hugging eachother for a few seconds, then let go.

"No problem at all! Honestly, now I have a great new friend after what happened last night." She said, and I saw the genuine smile I saw last night. "Oh wait, here's my number!" She added quickly, walking a few steps over to the small table and scribbling some numbers on a scrap of paper, and handing it to me, our fingers brushing, sending sparks down my arm.

"Goodbye, Dodie! See you soon?"

"Of course! Send me a text and we can meet up!" She told me with a smile on her face.

   With one last look behind me, I followed Sophie to her car and climbed in, the journey home filled with thoughts of the girl who had saved me the night before.

A/n ~ hey guys! Hope you are enjoying it so far! What do you guys think about some chapters from dodie's pov as well as Belle's?
~dawn