t w e n t y

"Will you share your soul with me?
Unzip your skin and let me have a see

Paint me in trust
I'll be your best friend
Call me the one
This night just can't end"

We jumped about, swaying our hips to the beat and skipping around the kitchen until fatigue overcame us and we leant against the wall, out of breath. For a moment, all I could hear was our heavy breaths and the heavy beats of my heart, pulsing so quickly not only due to the dancing, but because of the brown-haired, hazel-eyed girl standing right next to me.

"Tired?" I asked as our breathing slowed and I moved away from the wall and over to the sofa to grab my phone

"Yep!" She nodded, and I looked back, happy to see the grin on my face mirrored in hers.

"Me too." I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards my bedroom (get your bloody heads out of the gutters)

"Are you... Are you comfortable with... maybe sharing a bed? I'm happy to sleep on the sofa or on the floor if you feel weird about it?" She asked me as we walked up the stairs, keeping her face firmly looking on as if she was almost worried to see my reaction.

"Sure! Of course, I... Yeah." I stumbled on her words as I spoke, and felt my cheeks start to hear up.

"Are you sure? It's honestly fine if not and you didn't sound that sure?" The concern was thick in her voice as she spoke. I could see the thoughts racing through her head as she stopped walking to see how she really was reacting.

"Yes. I'm sure! It... It will all be fine." She said as my cheeks went a darker shade of red. Noone had ever had this effect on me before; the ability to make me feel so comfortable yet so nervous.

"Certain?"

"100%" I laughed and she couldn't help but join in.

"Bells, do I make you nervous?" She asked curiously, a little smirk on her face as she turned around to face me.

"No?" I responded, my cheeks on fire. How does she have this effect on me? I thought. "Ok maybe a little." I said, laughing slightly as I stared intently at the carpet below me.

"I make you nervous?" She chuckled. "It's ok, sometimes you make me nervous too. I just... I just really don't want to fuck it all up with you." Dodie said honestly and I nodded in agreement as we sat down on my bed.

The next few minutes were spent in comfortable silence as we got into our pajamas, brushed our teeth, washed, and finally got into bed. Dodie was still in the shower so I lay down by myself, curling into the soft duvet, making myself comfortable, and it wasn't long before my silent musings were interrupted by Dodie.

I rolled over to face her as she crawled into the bed, pulling the duvet over herself. She wrapped her arms around me and I did the same, and it felt so good just to be held by someone.

I rested my head on her chest and I couldn't have felt more at ease. Just being near her automatically have me a sense of security, and all I could smell was the scent of her perfume. Within minutes we were both fast asleep, silently comforting the other, holding eachother and never wanting to let go.

~~~~~

"Get away from me." I mumbled. It was the guy from the club. I tried to get away but he pinned me to the wall, his iron-like arms pinning my wrists to the walls as so hard I thought he would break them.

"Let me go. Let me go please." I tried to move but he grabbed my arm again, forcing his lips onto mine, one hand holding my wrists now, one hand groping my body. I squirmed, trying to get away, and I looked up, trying to see if my saviour had come, but this was a dream... no, a nightmare, and Dodie wasn't coming to save me, or so I thought.

As he continued his attack, and his deep brown eyes bore into mine no matter how hard I tried to move away, if I listened very carefully, I could just about hear a voice.

It sounded like Dodie. I tried to call for her, but nothing came out, and I felt the silent tears fall down my face once again, but then the dream started to fade. The forceful grip was replaced by a gentle hand, stroking along my arm soothingly as if trying to calm me down.

As I felt myself come back to reality, I opened my eyes, groggy from all the tears, and found that there was still a hand on my arm, sending tingles through my spine as she stroked it.

"Belle?" She whispered, tentatively reaching over to comfort me. "Are you awake now?"

"Yep." I whispered so quietly you would miss it if you weren't paying attention. I lay completely still, still trying to process what had happened, but she brought herself closer to me and wrapped her arms around me, tentatively at first, but after I tried to curl up closer to her, she pulled me into her. My head was resting on her shoulder as I focused on slowing my breathing. She brought a hand up to my chest, gently placing it into the middle as she felt my racing heartbeat.

"It's fine, it's all fine, are you ok?" She repeated as I looked up, our faces just inches apart.

"I-" I started, but my voice broke. "I'm fine."

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked cautiously. Hesitantly, I shook her head, not saying a word, and I think she understood that it was probably best to leave it until the morning and fall back asleep.

Somehow, after that, I still managed to sleep. It was a deep, dreamless sleep, but sleep nonetheless, and it was always better than nightmares. Dodie's arms remained protectively around me for the rest of the night, and I could sense she was waiting for me to fall asleep before she did. How did I get so lucky?

A/n - I literally have no excuse this time. I guess I just had a little bit of writers block? This is a filler chapter too. I'm sorry guys lmao.
~dawn :)