t w e l v e

'And I feel like I've stepped out of this world
Into a rom-com
A novel'

"Welcome home," she didn't even bother to turn around from the TV, staying firmly seated in the comfy sofa she was snuggled up in as we walked in, gently shutting the door behind us. "I was surprised you stayed out so late... Oh hi Dodie!" She greeted her happily, but I continued to move her towards the bathroom, responding for her.

"We'll chat to you in a minute Soph?" I told her, shooting her a grin as I opened the door to the bathroom, it's loud creaks like a cry for help. Dodie stumbled, grabbing the doorframe to steady herself, and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders again, guiding her towards the toilet.

  She gripped the seat tightly with one hand, knuckles white, the other arm holding her stomach. I brushed her short, chestnut-brown hair out of her face, holding it behind her head  as she proceeded to empty out the contents of her stomach.

"You're a piece of shit. How fucking dare you do this to yourself." Dodie groaned under her breath. "Why did I do this? I hate me right now," she looked up, and her eyes met mine "It's ok for you to hate me too, because I hate me."

"Dodie, I could never hate you!" I told her, laughing lightly, but my small smile didn't last long as Dodie's head of was over the toilet again, and she was gagging.  "Sophie?" I shouted across the flat.

"What?" She responded.

"Can you get a glass of water?" I called back, and about 10 seconds later, Sophie appeared at the door, glass in hand, and after taking in the situation, handed Dodie the glass with a smile.

"Is there anything else you want?" Sophie asked her softly, but the question was mainly directed at me. I shook my head, grateful for how she was handling it, and when I heard the door click shut, I turned around to Dodie again.

"Feeling any better?" I asked hopefully, watching her set down the glass of water on the bathroom tile next to us.

"Everything hurts." She groaned painfully, and I could see her eyes were starting to threaten at closing, a stifled yawn escaping her lips.

I stood up, then held my hand out to help her up too. Getting up with a little wobble, she gripped the sink tightly as if it would fall if she let go, so I placed my arm around her shoulder to steady her and gently pulled her away, guiding her towards the door. I wrapped my hand around the silver handle, which was cool under my fingers, pushing it open, and walking through first, Dodie following close behind.

Flicking on the switch, the lights above us blinked on, illuminating the dark corridor as I lead her to my bedroom. Leading the way, we entered my bedroom, and I lead her over to my bed so she could sit down. My bedroom had sliglty off white walls, but they were covered with many colourful paintings and posters, many lines of fairy lights strung haphazardly across the room. There was a large bookcase in one corner, shelves stuffed with books of every shape and size, and even more piled on top.

I left her on the bed, and went over to draw the curtains, the thick mauve fabric concealing the lit city skyline, the bright full moon and the smattering of bright stars, barely visible with the city lights, but still seemingly winking at us through it.

With a yawn, I walked over to my closet, and produced two pairs of pajamas: a pair of navy checkered pajama shorts, and a light blue t-shirt for Dodie, as it was slightly too big on me, meaning that it should be the closest thing to fitting her, and a long sleeved grey top from some sporting event I went to when I was younger and some loose black shorts for me.

We both went to the bathroom, and luckily, I remembered that we had a spare new toothbrush I had saved from the plane journey incase anyone else decided to come and stay with us, from when Sophie and I went to the US a few months ago, and within a few minutes, we returned to the bedroom, yawning.

"Night!" I told her as I walked towards the door, and my hand was hovering over the light switch as she responded.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Oh... I'll sleep on the sofa downstairs or something..." I responded, tiredness evident in my voice.

"Nonono stay here, or I'll sleep on the sofa instead! I don't want to cause you any trouble! Plus, this bed is big enough for two," she gestured to the queen sized bed beneath her that I was lucky enough to own. "It would also be nice to have some company," her voice dropped to a whisper, barely audible at all.

It was far too late to argue with her, and my heart may have melted a little at her last comment, so I reluctantly switched off the lights, and shuffled over to the bed. Once I'd pulled the soft, white duvet over me, I rolled over, and was met by a pair of the beautiful gold-flecked hazel eyes I had become familiar with over the past week.

"Thank you." She whispered, gratitude in her tired eyes, as they slowly shut, and her expression relaxed. She looked so peaceful, any pain once evident on her face had been erased, and now she looked tranquil and calm, and that was the last thing that I saw before my droopy eyelids gave in, and I let sleep take me.

The whole situation was, in a way, quite strange. I felt a weird sense of deja vu, this scenario was reversed only a week ago, and I think that we can probably agree that parties are definitely not the place for us, as they never seemed to end too well... but that being said, if I hadn't agreed to go to that club, and if she hadn't saved me in a dimly lit hallway, maybe I would have never met her at all.

a/n - hi guys! So how are you liking it so far? I think they need a ship name even if not much has happened between them... yet ;)
So what do we go with? Doddlebel? Dodibel? Bluedoddle? Tell me what you think!
~dawn