t h i r t e e n

"I apologize but it was only self defense
Running away just made sense"

______

   I looked up, and the world was swirling around me, the rolling green hills surrounding me twisted, distorting whenever I tried to get a clearer look. I could hear the faint sound of the sea in the distance, it's roaring waves smashing against the sand, yet nowhere to be seen. I stepped forward, but my foot was not met with solid ground but...

   Crash. I was woken from my dream not by the sound of beachy waves but by the clumsy clanging of pans from down below. Sophie must be cooking. I thought as I opened my eyes slowly, and confusion filled me as I felt an arm around me, and my arm around someone else too. As the blurriness was blinked away and my eyes shifted into sharp focus, they were met by a pair of hazel ones, just a few inches from my face.

"Morning." Her husky morning voice was hardly more than a whisper, but perfectly audible to me.

"How long have you been watching me sleep?" I asked, amused, the soft smiles on both our faces matched, and strangely neither of us made an attempt to untangle our knot of limbs and move away.

"Not long, I just didn't want to wake you up by moving, you looked so peaceful!" She said softly. We stayed there for a minute, faces just inches away, staring deep into each others eyes.

There was another crash from the pans downstairs, followed by stream of curse words from Sophie.

"We should probably go and help her." I said, amused, and wriggled out of the bed, walking over to the cupboard and searching through some clothes for something comfy.

"That would be a good idea!"  She laughed as she followed and picked up her clothes from the bedroom floor.

"Need anything?" I asked, pulling out a yellow knitted jumper and a pair of ripped baggy jeans.

"I'm good, I can wear the clothes I wore yesterday.." she trailed off. "Actually on second thoughts, do you have any paracetamol? My head hurts so so badly" She asked, causing me to laugh.

"I mean, you were a little drunk last night? How much do you remember?"

"Hmm... I remember following Dan Howell into the other room, taking some shots with some of my friends... It's all so blurry ... the next thing I remember is being back at your house, throwing up!" She groaned at the thought. "Did I do anything stupid? Please say I didn't do anything I'll regret!" She looked shocked, the horror of the missing night dawning on her.

"You didn't, don't worry!" I chuckled as I handed her a packet of paracetamol. "I mean, you might have said some funny things but only to me... I think?"

"Oh my god what did I say?" The comical horror on her face increased and she blushed a deeper shade of red.

"Just that..."  You told me you thought I was pretty and you wanted to kiss me?only that. I thought, last night's events playing through my mind. "never mind, it doesn't matter!" I backed out at the last minute. Of course there's no way she actually does feel that way about you, it was the alcohol talking, not her ran through my head.

   She raised an eyebrow, but didn't protest as she followed me down to the kitchen, where we found a confused looking Sophie and some very black bacon and eggs.

"I was trying to make something nice for breakfast, I thought you'd have a hangover..."

"Aww thank you for trying!" Dodie blushed slightly, smiling.

"There's a reason I do all the cooking!" I said to Sophie, amused. The thought was there but unfortunately, the cooking skills weren't.

"It's the thought that counts!" Dodie said, walking over to give Sophie a hug. We then made breakfast - I cooked some bacon, which ended up mouth-wateringly delicious, the rich salty smell starting to replace the hint of smoke, evident with every breath, clinging to the back of your throat. We made bacon sandwiches, devouring them much quicker than they were made, and not long after, the plates had been dried clean, and our stomachs were full.

"Do you want to stay here for a little longer? We could watch a movie or play a board game or..." I trailed off, watching for her reaction, secretly begging she'd say yes.

"Sure! That would be amazing! Just the thought of getting onto a stuffy, noisy, crowded train right now makes my headache worse!" She laughed, and we all smiled, a relaxing day was what we really needed.

"I'll go set it up then!" Sophie said excitedly as she started to bounce over to the other room. I watched her, and as I went to follow her, I felt a hand grab mine softly, and I turned around to meet her magical eyes once more.

"Belle..." She trailed off, her hand still holding mine, and I intertwined our fingers, our hands fitting together like puzzle pieces. Surprised she didn't look the slightest bit uncomfortable, I watched her glance down to our hands, and then gaze back at me. I felt a her hand squeeze mine, making me smile gently as I got lost in her eyes once more.

We both started to lean in closer, our faces just an inch away, I could even feel her breathing as we got closer and closer, starting to eliminate the gap between us so there would be no space left at all. I anticipated the feeling of her soft lips on mine, just like I had in my dreams when...

"It's ready!" Approaching footsteps made Sophie's nearing presence clear, and we jumped away from eachother, our hands no longer intertwined. I saw a confused look in her eyes, then a slightly worried one, but then she turned away and hurried over to the other room. Just as she left, Sophie entered. I was stood in the same place, frozen to the spot, somehow trying to take in what had just happened.

"Are you coming or what?" Sophie said, amused as she snapped me out of my thoughts as I followed her, dazed, not entirely sure what was a dream and what was reality anymore.

a/n - Hello! Thanks for reading this far :)
Belle and Dodie finally getting somewhere, what do you guys think? Sorry for the short chapter and late update, I've been so so busy! I'm going to aim to get the next one out by the weekend, and it should be longer, and watch out, as more is to come between our favourite duo :)
~dawn