Chapter 3 - You Know I Love You

The Tomlinsons and Styles left the next morning, waving behind them to a teary-eyed Louis and Harry. We all stood out front, watching their cars fade away and turn the corner a little way down the road.

Once it was established that they could no longer see the families, we entered the house and the others plopped down on the couches, exhausted from the fun the day before. I stood in front of them, smirking.

“Boys, it’s time to get your bums moving and pack up. We have to leave today; Simon wants his house back,” I reminded them.

“But Li,” Niall complained, “Can’t we just have a lazy day?” He winked at me.

I was extremely tempted to give in, but oddly didn’t have any emotional reaction to his flirty wink. I sighed. “No. We really need to get moving because I swear I won’t pack everyone else’s stuff this time. If your things aren’t packed then you leave them behind, got it?” Glancing around to make sure the four others nodded, I left for the room I’d found earlier with my clothes in it.

Dragging my bag out the front door, I realized I was the first to finish and went to the kitchen to wait. My assumptions were correct; the next one down was Niall and he, of course, went to where the food was. As he slipped through the doorway, I smiled at him.

Why wasn’t I donning the massive grin that I usually held when it was just us two?  That was odd. He came closer with a smile matching my own. “Hey there, Li-li,” he murmured.

“Hello, Nialler,” I replied.

He suddenly looked a bit nervous. “You know I love you, right?”

“Of course, buddy. As I love you,” I smirked at my own cheesy line.

“Right,” he said, glancing down at our feet. What was he thinking about to make him doubt our love? Had he been sensing the same things I had? Maybe I should talk to him about it.

No, I couldn’t. If I told him I thought our attraction was dying he would assume I meant that we should break up. But I didn’t want to lose my precious leprechaun. I couldn’t bring myself to admit how I was feeling, even though I knew he deserved the truth.

Just what I needed; more lies being fed. First I have to lie to the whole world about who I love, and now I’m lying to my love about our relationship. Why did it seem that my relationship with Niall kept getting in the way of everything?

I felt a light caress on my cheek and my eyes connected with ocean blue orbs. “Hey, you okay?” Niall asked worriedly.

“Of course,” I assured him, feeling guilty as ever. “Why wouldn’t I be? I’ve got the most adorable boy in the world in my arms; I’d be a fool to be upset.”

His lips lifted into a smile, and I immediately felt even worse for not telling him about my doubts. I still just couldn’t bring myself to tell him, because I wasn’t ready to lose him.

“Who are you calling adorable?” He smirked, and my eyes widened. What was he doing? Suddenly I felt a warm pressure against my mouth, causing me to moan lightly. I kissed him back, our lips moving perfectly in synch.

A few seconds into the kiss, he pulled back. “I am not adorable.” Eyes gleaming, he leaned back in, only to pull away yet again a few seconds later. “I am handsome…” his voice trailed off as he reached for another kiss. “And sexy…” He continued the pattern of giving me a quick kiss and telling me something about himself. “And fit…” “And manly…” He finished up with a slightly longer lip-lock than the others. “But I most certainly am not adorable, Liam James Payne.” With that, he pressed his lips to mine and slid his tongue into my mouth, exploring.