Chapter 3 - Quest for Spring

Qrow

Ten years ago

Logs are stacked inside of a guest room somewhere in veil, burning to warm the cold autumn air inside of the building. A tub sits nearby with steam rising up from the warm water inside. A pair of male legs rest against the edge of the bathtub, and Qrow sighs with pure relaxation in his voice. Water drips from his toes and he scratches the base of his heel with his other foot's big toe. He leans his head back as he relaxes in the bath. However he does not notice the lobster that climbs up the side of the bath and looks at his body as he lays there. The lobster silently enters the water and swims towards him...between his legs while he lays there. A couple seconds pass before he flinches and clenches his hands into fists, his eyes widen with shock when he feels something pinching his private spot. He sighs with annoyance, turning and looking at the woman laid in the bed and looking at him. "You know I don't find that very funny." Qrow tells her with a sigh, he reaches into the water and pulls the lobster out. The Crustacean snaps its pincers slowly as he holds it by its red chitin armoured body. He then throws it onto the floor and it slides towards the woman, before silver energy erupts from the chitin and it fades away into thin air.

The woman's silver eyes fade and they look at him. She smiles; the bed sheets cover her unclothed body as she looks at her beloved. She smiles when she looks at him, black and red hair like Ruby's and large eyes. She has a heart shaped head where it comes to a point at her chin. She has no scars on her face and her white cloak is on the floor, along with the rest of her clothes and Qrow's. "I know, I was trying to get you to hurry. It's nearly midday already!" Summer tells him and Qrow groans like a child as he leans his head backwards. "You promised Ruby and Yang that you would train with them, they would be getting bored of Tai's readings by now." Summer explains to him and he sits there still. Qrow gives in, standing up and she looks at some of scars that he has collected from many forms of Grimm or Human Foes that he has encountered. The water runs down his back and he walks over to his clothes on the floor. He puts on his underwear and then his trousers. He looks at her and then he smiles as he looks at her.

"So...later then?" Qrow asks her and she smiles as she looks up at him from where she lays.

"Mm, see you later." She agrees. Qrow turns and goes to leave but then he feels Summer's hand grab his wrist and pull him closer. "Hold on." She demands, laying a kiss on him and he kisses her in return. She then pushes him aside with her hand on his cheek, smirking at him flirtatiously. "Now you can go." Summer allows and he chuckles, walking away from her as he approaches his clothes on the ground. His sword rests against the wall not far, beside her Scythe. Qrow puts on his grey dress shirt with his red cape attached to it. At this point in his life, he had not grown a stubble on his jaw line yet. He is clean shaven and looks much younger, no grey hairs in the black hair of his. He picks up his sword, then looks back at Summer as she gets out of the bed and towards her clothes. She puts on her combat suit which is very similar to what Ruby is wearing right now. A corset that connects to a pair of tactical trousers with belts of ammunition for their Rifle in the Scythe. She picks up her white cloak and swings it round and ties it round her neck gently. She keeps the hood down and looks back at Qrow with a loving smile.

Qrow was literally just about to leave the room, but then he stops and walks back to his beloved. He wraps his arms around her and she closes her eyes, sighing hopelessly. "Qrow..." She sighs as he kisses her cheek.

"See...I thought the kids could sit a while longer." He whispers to her and she giggles, turning to him and straightening his collar.

"It's uninstructive – not to mention unreasonable." Summer tells him, still smiling at him as she looks into his red eyes. He caresses her firm cheek with a smile.