Chapter 4 - Fallen Leader

Qrow

The Branwen Brother walks with his friend Taiyang across the roads of dirt towards the crossroads that lies in wait for them. Horses have travelled past this area a couple of times, travellers that move round the countryside, far away from the troubles of the city. Qrow stops as he looks at the Inn, and then he looks at Taiyang. The blonde haired man nods to Qrow and he nods back. They both walk towards the Inn, Qrow pushes the door open and he looks around as he enters. There are many people inside of this place, all kinds of low-life's that come here all the time. Qrow looks at the Innkeeper; she is a fair young woman with long brown hair that has been tied up into a ponytail. She wears a dress with a short skirt and large brown eyes, freckles under her eyes on her cheekbones. She is a very pretty young girl and she eyes up Qrow with a smile. He winks and grins at her as he approaches some of them men inside of the tavern.

Taiyang bumps Qrow's shoulder. "See if any of them have seen her." Taiyang whispers to him, but Qrow is already one step ahead of him. He walks over to a table which has three men sat there. They all look like bandits or mercenaries, not from the Acolytes of Lien or Raven's Tribe, just scumbags that live out there in the wilds. They have beards, grime on their faces and chipped nails. One of them looks at Qrow when he approaches.

"Hey-o, who's this pretty boy?" One of the brutish men questions, a gravelly voice and clearly a very pleasant persona from his harsh tone.

"A guy who's looking for a woman." Qrow tells him, obviously a poor choice of words as well.

"Ah, like everyone." One of the other men scoffs as he drinks his mead in his wooden mug.

"Not like everyone, she has raven black hair, red eyes and carries a rare sword on her hip." Qrow describes and one of the men sighs.

"Bugger off! We're enjoying our drink, we were polite at first, but now you are just being annoying. Now leave us be before we have to make this violent." The man says, but Qrow slams his fist onto their table to get their attention.

"You really wanna start a fight with a Huntsman?" Qrow snarls as he stares at them, pointing at his sword on his back. The men sit there and they scoff, looking back to their mugs.

"We haven't seen a lass like that, ask others." They state, intimidated by Qrow's threat he made them. One of the men spots a fly landing in the soup he has before him, essentially ruining it and he moans like a child. Qrow's Bad Luck Charm coming into action right there, and he sighs, walking away from their table and they continue to look around. Taiyang approaches a man who sits there, he appears to be a merchant and he sits down on the other side of his table.

"Hi there." Taiyang greets.

"Greetings, sir." The Merchant politely replies, luckily this merchant is not Vir Nominis Umbra in any way.

"I'm looking for someone, a woman with raven black hair, red eyes, she carries a sword on her hip. Seen her?" Taiyang asks and the Merchant ponders on the thought for a couple of seconds.

"I think I did see her here a few moments ago." He admits and he leans forward.

"Where was she?" Taiyang asks, listening carefully to the words of this merchant. He turns and then points, but he jolts with disbelief when he sees who is sat there. It is in fact Raven. "But...she wasn't..." He stammers with confusion, and Taiyang smiles at her when he sees the black feather on the floor. She used her Raven form to get in and out without anybody noticing otherwise. He stands up and turns to Qrow.

"Qrow!" He calls; he turns and looks at Taiyang. "Found her." He says with a smile as he looks at his beloved again. He then looks at the Merchant. "Thanks for the help." He says to him, walking away from the Merchant who assisted them without even intending to.