Chapter 10 - The Assassination

Ruby

She steps fourth, feeling the sand crushing underneath her boot. Her large silver eye looks around the sky and the city that stands before her, feeling the fierce Vacuo Sun that rains down on her fair skin. She turns and looks at Yang as she stretches out her arms as she stands there. "Ooh...I think I might get a tan." Yang says with a smile as she absorbs the sunlight, her large eyes closed as she feels the pleasant feeling of the warmth on her skin. Weiss looks at her and she touches her thin skin, due to the climate of Atlas, her skin struggles to handle extreme heat compared to Yang.

Oscar stands next to Ruby and he sits his hand on the hilt of Traveller's Atrocity, looking around. He then looks at her and smiles at her as he moves some of her long hair from her eye. She looks at him and smiles back. "So...where's Shade Academy, I wonder?" Ruby asks as she stands next to her boyfriend. Sun walks past them and he points at the structure not far from them. There is a tall pair of towers that rise into the sky from the Adobe Temple that stands in the centre of the city, Airships landing inside and dropping the Huntsmen and Mercenaries off at the place.

Sun lowers his finger when he looks at the huge building that stands there, Blake's eyes look at him as he stands there. His bad memories clearly are not just the ones that surround the loss of his parents, he must have suffered in other ways here as well from the look in his blue eyes. "There." He answers as he looks at it, walking forward, ahead of Ruby and Blake catches up to him. Oscar and Ruby follow, Weiss feels the hot sun pressing up against her thin icy skin and she rubs her bare arms.

"I'm...not used to this sort of weather." She claims, feeling the coming burns if she stays out here for too long. Neptune turns and looks at her with a smile.

"Don't worry, I'll shade you." He assures, the taller man stands beside her and he casts his shadow over her and she smiles. Like she is some sort of royalty that deserves this sort of treatment without question. They walk up the adobe steps, feeling the grains of sand beneath their footwear.

Weiss nearly trips in her heels as she walks; her ankle twists from the bumpy floor that they walk upon. Neptune catches her before she could fall and she yelps, looking at her shoes. "Stupid things." She mutters, Yang turns and looks at the Ice Queen with a smirk.

"Why did you think that wearing heels here would be a good idea?" Yang questions with a short chuckle in her voice as she observes Weiss struggling immensely to walk in those fancy things. She looks at Yang and narrows her eyes.

"I know what you're thinking, and stop." She demands, knowing that she is going to make a comment on her being a fancy girl in a not-so fancy place. But Yang's smirk grows bigger and bigger as she prepares to say what she is about to say, like she is about to break into song. Weiss points at Yang. "I'm warning you." She says. Yang breathes deeply as she pushes out her chest, leaning back as she breathes, Weiss' eye twitches. "Don't you do it." She warns one last time.

"Weiss is a Fancy Queen! Weiss is a Fancy Queen!" Yang joyously sings in her sing-song voice, thrusting her arms back and forth like she is a puppet, a huge smile on her face. Weiss hates it when Yang does that, simply because she practically screams it at the top of her lungs so then everybody can hear. Weiss grits her teeth and lunges for Yang, but the Goldilocks is far too quick for her to catch as she retreats with a sly little laugh.

Ruby looks at the people that they pass by and she looks at the buildings, the people in them. Unlike Mistral, Vale and Atlas, these people clearly are surviving off whatever they can scavenge. There seem to be lots of dealers around here, selling a multitude of things from drugs to weapons and other illegal products. But the lack of law here makes it so they can sell these things publicly. One of the dealers has a weathered face, sand stuck in his big black beard and some scratches on his face. He has many weapons and illegal drugs on the table and she looks at him. "You looking for your high?" The Merchant asks her, with a gruff voice as he aims to entice the young girl. Ruby just shakes her head and looks away politely after being so polite in reply.