Chapter 51 - Merlot Industries

Ruby

Ruby walks with Blake at her side, both of them shocked from what they have seen. The Horridus Morbus Thralls, the thoughts are constantly rattling around in their minds, in all of their minds.

Yang...

Weiss...

Sun...

Neptune...

They all have the plague in them...what if that happens to them as well?

Ruby sighs as they keep walking up the street, they are now very close to the Radar Station that the White Fang and the Spring Maiden are currently inside of. Cinder walks alongside her brother, and there is clearly something on their minds right now. "We need to warn Glynda, what happened here...those monsters...we need to tell her about what will happen." Qrow says to them all as he stands at the tip of the spear of their group. Oobleck looks at him and he sighs, shaking his head.

"The Acolytes of Lien have shut the Cross Continental Transmit Network; scroll signals won't be able to cut it." Oobleck tells him.

"I know...but when we get in there, can't we use the radar to send a message out?" Qrow asks them.

"It's possible but there's no telling if Merlot has shut it down already to prevent that from happening." Port states, remembering back to the information they received from Team R.W.B.Y and Team J.N.P.R when they went after Merlot years ago. He managed to secure his island until they managed to open a secure link for them to get through. It would not be crazy to assume he has not done the same thing here.

"Well we can't just sit on our asses and not find a way to get a message out. That damned plague could be on the edge of activating as we speak." Qrow ushers with concern in his eyes. He already hates being here because of his Bad Luck Charm, and all of them are dying from the lack of details back home.

Because they've no idea that Brawnz and May are both dead, and what happened to Brawnz in the first place. Kassius walks with Cinder and his eyes slowly turn to her whilst everyone is having this discussion of how to get communications out to Beacon. She looks up at him and she has a worried expression on her face. "No...I can't..." Cinder whispers, hinting at something that nobody has ever realised.

"Sapphire, we have to get a message out. Their right, if Glynda and Penny aren't informed then the others will be at risk." Kassius whispers to her, and whilst they have this mysterious dispute, Jaune's blue eyes slowly turn to the two siblings.

"I haven't done it in years...I doubt I can anymore." She whispers, her voice trembling nervously.

"Just think, just..."

"...use your semblance." He reveals.

Jaune stops and his eyes widen, turning to stare at Cinder with wide eyes from what he hears, and Pyrrha stops as well, looking at Jaune with confusion. "What?" Jaune shouts aloud, his voice echoes through the entire town and they all draw their weapons in case of any Thralls that could have heard him. Qrow walks up to him and smacks him on the back of his head to shut him up.

"Do you wanna bring every single one of those things down on us?" Qrow questions sternly, but Jaune turns to Cinder again.

"You do have a semblance?" Jaune questions, and now all eyes are on Cinder, as she looks at Kassius with angry eyes.

"It's our best bet." Kassius tells her.

"Hang on, what?" Pyrrha questions, her emerald eyes trained on the Fall Maiden.