Chapter 50 - Beyond the Storm

Adam

A Horridus Morbus Thrall shrieks as it leaps towards the White Fang Commander as he blocks its jaws with the red blade of Wilt and Blush. The monster gnarls on the blade, scraping its teeth across the hard sharpened blade with pure aggression in his glowing red eyes. Adam stumbles backwards, roaring with rage as he punches the creature in the side of its head with all of his might, knocking it down slightly. The Thrall snarls, blood leaking from his jaws, still partially organic in some form, with spines of white bone protruding through flesh and skin. Blood staining the entire body from how much he has mutated into a monster. The Thrall roars, and Adam slashes with speed and force, slicing the Thrall's head from his shoulders, causing the one Lizard Faunus to collapse to the ground, dead.

His hand shakes slightly at the sounds that thing made, he may be saved from the sight of what his people have become – but he still knows that they are gone. Adam slowly sheathes his blade back into the sheath, holding the scabbard in his cybernetic arm and hand that he acquired from the Belladonna Estate. Clearly he must have grabbed it before they got to where that camera was waiting for them.

Mazen lowers his Chainsword, with bits of Corrupted Faunus remains churned up in the mechanical teeth of the blade, blood oozing from the tip of the sword. "We must keep moving." Mazen orders, walking ahead of the others, and Adam turns, hearing them all walking ahead. Fennec is crouched down by the corpse of one of the Horridus Morbus Thralls, examining the damage done to the body and how aggressive the transformation appears to have been. Corsac stops, looking back at his younger brother with a confused expression, spiralling dagger in his grasp.

"Fennec, get moving." Corsac orders, but Fennec raises his finger to speak otherwise.

"This plague, it is turning our people into Creatures of Grimm, could this Doctor Merlot be responsible for this tragedy?" Fennec presumes, standing back up, seeing Mazen and his Elite Forces walking beside him. Yuma being among them with his swords sheathed on his back and a rifle among them as well, his wings folded up behind his back. His swords are named Riddler's chant, with serrated edges in them and the barrels of firearms built atop the blunt end, trigger pulled in the hilt.

"What does it matter?" Mazen questions, not seeming to even give a damn about all the poor Faunus Settlers that have been killed by the outbreak, surprising even the Albain Brothers. Adam stares at him, knowing where he is by the sound of his voice.

"What does it matter?" Adam questions, repeating his own statement as he glares at the High Leader with a clenched cybernetic fist, gritting his teeth. Yuma immediately draws his swords, gritting his teeth with a snarling voice.

"You best stand down, Taurus." Yuma advises with a threatening voice, in which Adam just scoffs. Clearly Adam is extremely conflicted, he may have turned against Blake and Humanity, but he knows of what the real threat is. He saw it on the Volcanic Chain Isles and in Mistral and clearly this is part of that monstrous plan created by the Soothsayer.

"These are our people, Mazen. How can you just shove their deaths aside like that?" Adam questions with anger, in which Mazen just stares through his mask at him. The mask has been customized, even upgraded from the time they last saw it. This version of it is made of metal and still carries the same paintjob but now the visors are actually glowing red and seem to have targeting systems implanted into it. Not only this, but it has a pair of oxygen tanks attached to the bottom section, allowing him to breathe easily in plagued areas. Despite the fact that the plague is no longer in the air, he still wears his combat gear. His armour also has been improved with multiple plates for maximum movement, since that was where he failed before, and multiple pouches for his Handgun he has holstered on his chest.