Chapter 11 - Follow the Shell

Ruby

The corpse of Headmaster Theodore lies before them, he once had a red beard and red hair tied back behind his head. His eyes still open but have turned dry from the time he has laid there. Cracks spread across his temple where the weapon struck him, whoever did this must have attacked him whilst his guard was down for his aura to not protect him, unless the weapon was lethal. Blood trickles down his cheek, Ruby crouched down by the corpse as she examines the damage done. The floor is cracked and fractured beneath his head, so the killer must have struck him hard enough to damage the ground as well, so it must have been something like a hammer or perhaps even a mace. No blade did this, so that rules out Neopolitan, she uses blades, not blunted weapons.

Not likely to be any of the Knights either, there are no signs of burn damage and none of them use blunt weapons. And the damage could not have been done by a fist, the way the skull has been cracked open is physically impossible, the same for his assistant. Sun looks at his corpse and he turns to Ruby. "I know who the Assistant is." He sighs as he looks at the corpse of the man, short white hair and orange irises. He wears a set of crimson robes around his body with golden accents on them, similar to the Acolytes of Lien, but closer to the Albain Brothers in the scheme of colours. Neither of them are Faunus, both of them are humans.

"Who is he?" Blake asks as she approaches him and she looks at him, very similar injuries, except he also has a broken arm as well. Whoever the killer is, the Assistant must have put up a fight.

"His name is Professor Ghost; he was the Headmaster's Pyromancer." Sun tells them as he looks at his body on the ground.

"Pyromancer?" Weiss questions.

"Yeah, he was very powerful with fire. It was his Semblance; he became pretty obsessed over his abilities as well." Sun remembers with a scoff.

"Tell me about it." Nebula scoffs as she stands there with her arms crossed.

"He punished Octavia with his abilities for disobeying an order." Gwen tells them and Octavia nods her head.

"What happened?" Yang inquires, concerned with who their victims are. Octavia pulls her shirt aside a slight bit to reveal scar tissue from fire on her shoulder that was given to her by Professor Ghost.

"Gods..." Weiss gasps.

"All because we did not secure the Brewery." Octavia scoffs as she pulls her shirt back to where it was.

Blake crouches down and she examines the body with her enhanced senses as a Faunus, she can smell a certain scent on his body. Her ears flick up when she recognises the smell, not a nice one either. "He reeks of liquor." Blake identifies.

"He always was a drunkard." Dew scoffs as she walks around, holding her spear in her hand as she examines the walls. Her large violet coloured eyes focus on some of the cracks in the adobe wall. Ruby looks around, gazing up at the ceiling where there are some big cracks, and dust on the floor. She turns and she jumps internally when she sees Torchwick crouched down beside her. He takes his hat off and looks at the body.

"So then, Little Red? What are you thinking?" He asks her, whispering into her ear as he gets close to her side. She sighs and rolls her eye as she sits there, whilst the others speak with Team N.D.G.O over what has happened here.

In Ruby's head, she begins a conversation with him. "I don't know." She sighs as she examines the area. "But it was not a clean kill, would have been a bullet otherwise." She sighs, looking around. There are plenty of windows, and more so, plenty of buildings nearby for a Sharpshooter to take the shot and get away unseen. So why did our killer decide to make it personal? Brutally kill them this way? It makes no sense whatsoever.