Chapter 26 - Ephai Battle

Qrow

Fury stands back up after Cinder slammed her fist into his fiery chest, a powerful blast throws him through the trees, he smashes both heads of his axes down into the soil. The blades dig deep into the soil, igniting the grass and dead leaves that have fallen from the trees. Fury grits his jagged molten teeth into a smirk, rising back up as he glares at the Fall Maiden who stands there, he paces back and forth, pointing one of the duel wielding axes at her as he paces. "You have grown stronger since we last met..." He chuckles, his demonic voice echoing towards her. Cinder has her large amber eye squinted with hatred, teeth pressed down and flaring her lips at him. The fire channels across her bare forearms and into her hands as she stands there, her long black hair blows in the wind around her.

Smoke trails from the flames formed from the fire that he had just set off from that landing he performed. Fury cracks his neck made from pumice and obsidian, laughing as he stands there. But then Cinder's eye widens when she gets the feeling of someone is behind her, and Fury sees him walking towards them. Qrow spins his sword through his fingers, holding it to his side as he stands beside her. "Qrow? What are you doing here?" Cinder questions, for she never even noticed that they were even here. They only heard the combat in the distance when they fought the Knights Bannermen and the Nuckelavee that was summoned.

"Long story, you?" He asks her.

"Long story." She repeats, they both stare at Fury as he stands before them, dwarfing them in comparison. Qrow chuckles when she repeats the same thing that he had just said, ironic that their past enemy has become their friend. Not all of them yet, but most of them have forgiven her for her past transgressions due to Salem brainwashing her. Qrow looks right at Fury, stood beside Cinder, his red irises meeting the burning hot fiery sockets of the Knight's. Fury chuckles menacingly when he stares straight at Qrow, holding Insanus Tristis Erinys in his hands, flames and embers trailing from the sharp blades.

"Corvus...I was wondering when we'd meet again." Fury snarls, pointing one of the axes at him as he paces back and forth, never breaking eye contact with him. Qrow scoffs, keeping his eyes on the unpredictable Knight as he walks before him, his cape of fire and smoke flowing behind him in his movements. Ready to transform into his Wyvern Wings whenever he needs them two.

"Yeah, I've totally missed you." Qrow sarcastically says, and Fury snarls a smirk, his growl is like that of a giant animal. One to be feared, hard to believe that he used to be a human being once.

"You can try to stop me from taking them, Corvus...but you will fail." Fury states with a monstrous tone of voice.

"Wanna bet? Why the hell do you want the Maidens anyway? You're strong enough." Qrow points out, hoping to get some information out of him, and Fury laughs, passing by a tree and setting the leaves alight. Smoke rises from the burning tree, already beginning to form a forest fire in the city of Ephai.

"He will make use of them." He snarls, spinning his axes through his fingers, ready to battle now.

"He? The Soothsayer?" Qrow questions, trying his best to try and trick Fury into talking, but he is not that foolish. Fury chuckles, then his eyes narrow antagonistically towards the pair of warriors.

"I'm afraid we're done talking." Fury growls, and Cinder's dress glows in different areas as she forms her swords in her hands, spinning them through her fingers. The orange dust all compacts into the glass blades, then she points them both towards Fury, and Qrow gets ready as well. He will not be an easy one to take down, he can take a lot of hits. Just as all the Knights can.

Fury is the first to strike, launching himself towards them, roaring as he flies towards them, blasting the round open where he once stood. He pulls back with both axes behind him, then he swings towards them. Qrow rolls out of the way and Cinder jumps towards him, crossing the blades over one another to block his attack. The impact blows the leaves from the trees, Fury stands above her and he raises the axe to attack again. Cinder slashes him up the chest and then she throws one of the swords into his shoulder. The blade cuts straight through, wobbling where it hit. Fury recoils back slightly from the impact, but he clearly does not even feel the pain that anybody else would feel. He looks at the blade and the fire on that portion of his body burns brighter and much hotter. The blade made from glass increases in temperature, melting down his arm and onto the grass. He scoffs, staring at her. "You'll have to try harder than that."