Chapter 7 - Reunited

Jaune

Some time has passed since everyone else left to get aboard a ship to Vacuo, Jaune and his team have been following the trail and have arrived at the market town. Jaune walks around the street and he looks around, looking for her. He knows her features off by heart, look for the red hair, green eyes, athletic body...beanie hat and Pumpkin Pete's hoodie.

His sword is sheathed into his collapsed shield on his belt, and he looks around the area to figure out where she could have gone. He scratches the back of his neck when he tries to figure it out.

Someone could have seen her...but there are so many people around here. Who would remember her face?

He hears his earpiece activating when one of his team members speaks to him. "I'm in position." Ren assures, watching from the crowd with his hands near Stormflower.

"Good. Nora, Kas?" Jaune asks them.

"Oh yeah." Nora responds, sat on a bench with her Grenade Launcher sat on her lap. A man with his wife walks past her but then stops and looks at Magnhild on her lap, like it means nothing at all. She looks at him with an adorable smile and he keeps on walking on.

"I've got eyes on the street." Kassius assures, stood upon the rooftops, Vulcan Nox loaded to the max as he looks around the area to figure out where she could be hiding. He crouches down as he looks at the different people, still able to see Jaune amongst the crowd. Jaune walks over to one of the Merchants who are calling out to the people, selling bread. The old man has been seen many times before in their lives and he seems to recognise Jaune pretty quickly.

"Hello! Would you like to purchase some bread?" The old man asks him and Jaune chuckles when he sees the old man.

"Do you just own every single shop in Vale or something?" Jaune asks him.

"I own many." He answers with a smile.

"Okay, onto subject." Jaune begins, leaning over to the old man. "Have you seen a girl with red hair around here recently? Green eyes, tall, pretty?" Jaune asks him, identifying Pyrrha by her signature traits. Seeming to focus on her looks at one point due to his love for the girl.

"I think I did. She bought some apples from the little girl over there and took off." The old man tells him, pointing at the little girl.

"Where did you see her go?" Jaune asks him. The old man points towards the alleyway that she ran into a faced the Acolytes of Lien that tracked her down.

"Into that alley, some men followed her though." The old man says, concern builds up in Jaune's body and he turns round, looking at the alleyway. But he knows Pyrrha Nikos, and he knows that a couple of Mercenaries won't be able to take her down; she is the invincible girl after all. "You think they could have hurt her?" He asks and Jaune smiles.

"Not likely." He says.

Jaune reaches into his pocket and pulls a couple of lien cards out from it and he sets them down on his table and walks away. "Thanks." Jaune says to the merchant and he smiles, waving him goodbye as he heads off. Jaune jogs over to the alleyway, his hand held close to the hilt of his sword as he turns the corner.

Before he does get over there, however. Something catches his attention, something rather intimidating when he hears it. A circle of children, around five overall, are singing a creepy song in unison.

"A grin as candid as children, as sweet as bee honey,"

"His voice kind and sharp, as the blade of a razor,"