Chapter 9 - Welcome to Vacuo

Ruby

Ruby lies on the seats with her eye shut, sleeping silently with her head rested on Oscar's lap. Her hand on his as she lays there, Oscar devotedly strokes her hair as she rests her eyes and he looks up when he sees Neptune approaching him and sitting next to him on the other seat. He looks at him and then at Ruby. "How are you feeling?" He asks Oscar, and he looks at Neptune with a confused expression on his face. Oscar raises his brow for clarification on what he means by this.

"Huh?" He responds, sounding lost.

"After the fight we had with that Manticore?" Neptune asks him with curiosity in his voice, and that does help clarify what he meant by that. He initially thought he was talking about the situation with Ruby at the moment. Oscar chuckles and he rotates his shoulder round, a faint crack can be heard inside and he flinches when he feels it.

"Still aching, wasn't an easy fight." Oscar states with a chuckle, and Neptune chuckles as well, sitting back in the chair.

"No it wasn't." He agrees, crossing his arms. Neptune, however, did not just come here to ask him about how he is feeling after that clash they had with the Manticore Grimm. "Hey...I know its weird timing, it being five years ago and all...but..." Neptune slowly says and Oscar looks at him. Neptune turns and looks at Oscar. "Thanks." He says.

"For what?" Oscar asks him.

"For saving me." Neptune says.

Neptune can remember the end of Arthur Watts like the back of his hand, being beaten by the Doctor on that rooftop, Fury's Berserker Form destabilizing and exploding. The entire building was completely destroyed from the explosion, and if it were not for Oscar slowing down time to save Neptune, he would be ashes along with Watts right now. "You don't have to thank me." Oscar says to him, a boy who has always been one to do the right thing and never ask for anything in return. Another reason behind why Ruby fell in love with him, and why he fell in love with her.

"If you weren't there...I'd be dead. And I don't think I ever thanked you for that." Neptune says to him, looking at him and Oscar smiles, patting his shoulder.

"Like I was gonna leave you behind? I don't leave anyone behind." He says and Neptune smiles and nods. He looks down at the metal floor and he thinks on what he remembered Watts telling him and he sighs.

"I got revenge that I never realised I needed...I always thought the Dam exploding was all an accident, or it was the Grimm. But it was him all along..." Neptune says, scratching the back of his neck as he thinks on that.

"Well...at least you know you got your revenge and you weren't searching for it for all your life." Oscar begins and he looks down at the floor. He begins to remember all the things he saw and heard back at Salem's Sanctum, and despite that Hazel has joined their side of the coin, he is still being haunted by that Hunt for Revenge he has.

And with Ozpin returning...that might not bode well for any of them.

"The things that Hazel told me...about what Ozpin did to his Daughter. He blames him more for what happened to his daughter than the person that actually killed her." Oscar remembers, and he actually begins to feel memories that seem familiar. But of course, these are not his memories; they are in fact Ozpin's memories. He can see things faintly, a young girl with brown hair and brown eyes, a kind smile on her face as she enters Beacon Academy, Ozpin watching from Beacon Tower. He can feel...guilt...in him; it is like that is one of the moments that Ozpin regrets the most. Forcing her into becoming the Fall Maiden, just like how he nearly made Pyrrha do the same thing. And she died as well, by the same person's hands.