Chapter 29 - Dragonspire Keep

Ruby

An Eagle is perched on one of the huge Watchtowers of Dragonspire Keep, its feathers well kempt with strikingly beautiful colours across its body. It shrieks out, the call echoing across the mountain range where it has nested. The young squeak to their mother for food and she regurgitates her meal for them. Ruby gazes at the incredible animal with awe; she has never seen one of those Eagles in the wild before. Only in Zoos when Taiyang took her and Yang there when they were little. Oscar stands beside her, and Kragen is speaking with one of the Silver Eyed Warriors indistinctively. Ruby turns when she hears the mechanical footsteps approaching behind her, and she sees the Architect walking over to them both. He holds two cups of coffee that he has brewed for them; Ruby's is filled with blasphemous amounts of sugar as always. Whereas Oscar only has two sugar cubes, similar to what Ozpin has ironically. "Here you go, love-birds." The Architect greets as he sets their cups down on the stone step that they both sit on. Ruby smiles kindly and politely accepts the coffee that he made for her.

"Thank you." She approves with a smile on her face, something that is in short supply these days. Oscar chuckles, taking his mug and taking a sip, looking at the mechanical man who sits down beside them, his legs open slightly.

"You always gonna call us that?" Oscar inquires curiously, and the Architect chuckles.

"Oh of course." The Architect promises, if he had a face he would be smirking away due to the way that he said it. He has truly changed from when they first met him, at first the Architect was a very formal individual, all about his code and all that. But it seems that after meeting the rest of them, something in him was re-released. And saving Ruby and destroying those cursed islands...it must have definitely given that spark of hope that brought the Silver Eyed Knights back into the world. Ruby looks around; she and Oscar were captured when Yang and the others first met Kragen and his band of broken warriors. But she still remembers the state of the place when they got her and the relics there after the fall of the islands. It was never this – clean and repaired, so to speak.

"You and Kragen sure have been busy; the place looks like it has been in operation for hundreds of years." Ruby points out as she holds her warm cup in her hands, the steam trailing from the coffee inside. The Architect looks out at the courtyard, seeing the other Silver Eyed Warriors training with their weapons, clashing their blades into one another over and over again. The sparks bursting off from every single impact made from the blows, they have become very skilful as well. Ducking down and avoiding the attacks of their partner, spinning round and parrying. Even channelling the power that they wield from their silver eyes into the Isomacium woven into the metal of their weapons. All Silver Eyed Warriors are given customized weapons that have Isomacium fused into their weapons in order to maximise their attacking power.

It is one of the main reasons that it has been said that the Grimm feared the Silver Eyed Knights back in the day.

Until Salem came along...

Before the Empire of Arkhonex collapsed due to their arrogance.

The Architect nods and speaks to the two of them. "We have been making strides lately, in both finding Silver Eyed Ones out there in the world and training them. I have to admit, Ruby – it is true what all the people say about you." The Architect says, and she raises her brow at his kind statement.

"Oh, and what do they say?" Ruby inquires curiously.

"That you have a spark, something that can inspire hope in people, even during the darkest of times." The Architect answers, saying something very similar to something that Ozpin had said once. But Ruby does not even know that, perhaps that is the very reason that Ozpin let her into Beacon early. Ruby twiddles with her mug, looking at her reflection in the coffee and she sighs as she thinks on those words.