Chapter 43 - A Leaf's Redemption

Pyrrha

The echo from the doors slamming shut so hard still is in their minds, the aggression that was in Hazel, his determination to kill Ozpin was really quite terrifying. And also very familiar as well, he seemed to go back to the mindset that he had when he worked for Salem. Nothing matters anymore, just get the job done sort of mindset. Ruby stands there, and she turns to see Blake helping Sun get back into his bed, setting him down and pulling the bed sheet over his weak body. "Please...don't try something like that again, Sun." Blake begs him with concerned eyes.

Sun smirks with a chuckle as he looks at her with his head resting into the pillow. "Always worrying about me..." He says with a smile as he looks up at her amber eyes, making her laugh with his constant ability to find the good in anything. Ruby looks back at Kassius, stood up as he cracks his neck, Pyrrha stood there and looking at them all.

"Cinder...she risked her life to protect you all...to stop Hazel without hurting him." Pyrrha says softly with disbelief in her voice. It is all so strange for her, that Cinder Fall – the same monster that killed her in the first place, starting this whole mess.

Kassius looks at her when he hears her say that and he crosses his arms. "There's more to her than meets the eye, Pyrrha." Kassius says, and she looks at him. Despite how much time Kassius has put into helping Jaune, Ren and Nora to find Pyrrha, she still does not actually know who he is.

"Forgive me, but I don't think we've officially been introduced." Pyrrha says to him, and Kassius stares at her. Ruby cannot tell if Kassius actually likes her or not, or if he is just a little defensive of his sister. But either way, they all think it is a bit unfair of Kassius to act like that around Pyrrha.

Cinder may have changed.

She may be his sister.

But she did murder Pyrrha and destroy Beacon only six years ago, nearly seven now.

Nevertheless, Kassius answers her query whilst giving her that look. "Kassius Locke, I've been helping Jaune and your team locate you for the past five years." He informs, and her green eyes widen with confusion.

"Why?" Pyrrha asks.

"Why?" He replies with a question.

"I just mean – we never met at Beacon, why would you help him find someone you don't know?" She asks him.

"I owe him and the rest of you all a debt." Kassius says, looking down at the floor.

"No you don't." Yang says.

"No, I do. If it weren't for all of you and everything you have done...helping me get over my grief of what happened to my team...dealing with Hyde, stopping my want for revenge. I may not even be here right now, I owe that and I want to repay it. That's why I helped Jaune find you." Kassius explains to her, and Pyrrha looks at the man, seeing the scars on his face, unaware that it was Cinder's accidental launch of that arrow that did that to him in the first place.

"It doesn't mean you owe us, though." Weiss says to him, getting the attention of his amber eyes.

"Yeah, we would have done that no matter what. You're one of us, Kassius." Ruby says with a smile. Kassius scoffs, shrugging off the blush that forms on his cheeks from all those kind words.

"Alright let's not get all mushy with all this now." He scoffs. Ruby and the others giggle at that, and Pyrrha is still left with questions. Mostly around one certain point, and Kassius can tell that she has noticed that he has something on his mind. He pushes his back from the wall and he walks past her, towards the doors. "Come on, Pyrrha. Let's talk outside." He says to her, and Pyrrha watches him as he walks past her, opening the doors and walking out. Pyrrha sees him then turns to Yang, she nods with a smile.