|• Chapter - 10 •|

We've all hurt someone, sometime, somewhere.
                                    – badkitten146

Sometimes I pity myself. Tragic right? I mean who would pity themselves?! I must really be cursed to get stuck in situations like these.

Why do I have to be such an idiot? I don't even understand why I make the mistakes I do. It's like, it's so idiotic and it makes me think, 'wow, I'm capable of being such an idiot'.

Today was not my day, or should I say night. The huge pile of files that dr.shehryar had gifted me were not getting anywhere near being completed. Each file took so much time, and not all the patients were cooperative. I had been working my ass off for the past 14 hours and I can't even feel my hands now. Due to no sleep and so much work, I was having a severe headache and I was starving. I think the last time I ate something was when I was with Ali and Ahmed.

Speaking of Ali, where did he go after dr.shehryar banished him from hell, I thought.

'well how would you know ?!, Aren't you enjoying the gift dr.shehryar gave you, I mean you work so hard for it.', my conscience sneered at me and I remained silent, for I had no reply. It truly was my fault. But Ali was partially responsible too,  if only he hadn't pranked me and asked about dr.shehryar, I wouldn't have been here, in this distressed state.

I sighed heavily and took another file, going to the next patient but that feeling of me being watched, came back again. At first I didn't put much mind to it, I just kept working but then I felt like there really was someone stalking me.

'i don't think anybody would even be here at this time of the night, and it's just 5 more hours, chill, you won't die.' I tried calming myself but the constant fear of being watched and the horrible thoughts in my head all combined, made me want to runaway, but could I? No, not really, since I was stuck here, doing this. I wanted to hit myself and cry to let all the fustration out but decided against it.

"Hey, what are you doing here?", Somebody spoke from behind scaring the life out of me. "Oh god, rushna, it's you!", I said, keeping a hand on my chest, to calm my erratic heartbeat. "Duh, who else would it be. I had my night shift today. My third night shift!", She exclaimed happily.

'oh just wait, you'll know, how being a doctor sucks in so many ways', I thought. "Oh, well, I'm stuck here with a lot of work", I said gesturing towards the small pile of files left now. She went over and started reading a file, 'go ahead', I thought 'you'll be doing the same thing soon anyways'. "I can help you with this all!" Rushna said but I quickly shook my head no.

She already helped me once and I'm not letting her do it again. Nah-uh. "Nooooooo, rushna, thank you for the offer but I'll have to do it myself. More practice you know? And Dr.shehryar gave me this work, hence it would only be right if I did it, alone." I said smiling at her.

She is such a sweet person, I'm so thankful to have met her. "Oh okay. I'm downstairs though, so if there's anything you need, just call me up or come down alright!". I nodded and we both went our separate ways.

It took me about 3.5 hours more to complete all the files. I was feeling proud of myself to have finally done this task.

I'm not angry at dr.shehryar for burdening me because honestly I think I deserved it. I shouldn't have said anything about him, it's not my place to judge him and say bad things about him. He didn't deserve this and even though I said so many things, he didn't say a word. He didn't even scold me, or shout at me. The guilt I tried to surpress all day, came back and I wanted to slap myself for hurting his feelings.

I'm a happy person and that's exactly how I like everybody to be. I'm not saying they should be smiling all the time. I want people to stay peaceful and happy and not fight or break up. I hate being rude to anybody, even if it's their fault. I don't like hurting or using people and that's exactly what I've been doing to Dr. Shehreyar, not using but hurting him. Making up my mind to apologize to him when I see him tomorrow, I started loading the files in the trolley, dragging it with me to the elevator because I had to put the files back in dr.shehryars office, so they don't get misplaced.

Whistling and humming to myself, as I was walking, lost in my own thoughts, I didn't hear the footsteps behind me. Upon reaching dr.shehryar's office, I peeked in to see if he was there and thank god he wasn't, I really wasn't too keen to see him after all. Opening the door I went inside and started placing the files on his desk in an arranged manner so that it won't be difficult for him to check or put them back. See? I'm still being nice and helping him out.

After a couple of minutes and a little hard work, I finally completed putting the files back and smiled triumphantly but it vanished when I heard the door creaking. 'dont look back', I told myself and took a deep breath.

I don't know if other people think like this but I've always had the fear that if there is something behind me and I turn or look back, it's going to catch me. I don't know why, but this started since that incident. I don't really blame anyone because it was my fault. "What are you doing ?!" Someone said and I screamed 'bloody marry' and punched whatever was infront if me.

Ouch, did I just hit a wall? But walls don't speak. Opening my eyes slowly I looked for some paranormal thing, but all I saw was a shirt, a grey shirt. "Bloody mary?!", He asked and I rolled my eyes at him, putting my hand, actually my punch, down. "Yeah...well..I..uh..youcreepedmeoutsorry", I said quickly in one breath. What the hell man? What am I destined to run into him everytime?

Well well well!
Annaya just punched shehryar and the story is getting more interesting. I wonder what'll happen next hehehehe XD

Hope you're all doing fine and that you're all happy :) I will put in Dr.shehryar's pov soon! Take care of yourself and keep reading, voting and sharing ^_^

Allah Hafiz,
-badkitten146