|• chapter - 30 •|

Soft music played in the background as the lights dimmed. Hushed whispers of 'they are coming, getting ready' were heard. A hand squeezed, an eye contact made. Love. Love. Love.

I walked infront with a beautiful basket of flowers in my hand as my brother aka the groom accompanied the bride aka Manaal as they walked down the aisle behind me. My parents walked with their hands in one another together behind the couple as a few kids lined up near the stage holding manaal's favourite flower in their hand. This was planned by Armaan bhai, a gesture so small yet beautiful.

I stopped at the edge of stairs helping Manaal up as Armaan bhai did too. They both went and sat on the beautifully decorated stage with an amazing backdrop. Guests came up and hugged them, congratulating them on starting this new journey as they both thanked their well wishers.

"Hello!" Hassan came beside me with Shehryar and waved his hand.

"Hello to you too. Wait- are you two friends?" I asked, my lips curving downwards at the ends.

"Uhm yes." Hassan replied with a grin.

"Why Annaya? Did you think that we both–" he said motioning towards himself and Hassan "–couldn't be friends?" He questioned as Hassan gasped dramatically.

"No i—" I started but Hassan's snort interrupted me.

"Offended." Shehryar replied.

"Excuse me– you guys are being rude and I don't entertain people like you anymore." I said with a huff but Hassan said "glad you recognized yourself as a clown. I was afraid I'd had to tell you that everyday."

Shehryar burst out laughing as I lasered eyed them both and planned on ways to kill them but thankfully the announcement started and Hassan left because some auntie had called him.

"Damn them for pinching my cheeks and making me more ugly." He had grumbled before taking his leave as me and Shehryar laughed at him.

'With times like these, memories are made. Small gestures and little compliments are the key to blossom and for that reason we call upon the bride and groom for a couple dance.'

My eyes twinkled upon seeing them both laughing with each other as they danced on the floor. Manaal and Armaan eyed us both as if inviting us but I shook my head no. I really wanted to dance but I didn't know if Shehryar wanted to or not. And I wouldn't blame him if he didnt–

"Let's go." What?

"Let's go dance together." He said again. I look at him as if he had grown two heads. He wanted to dance with me?

"Yes and now can we please go?" He said but before I could give him any sort of reply he took my hand in his and dragged me to the dance floor as other couples joined in too.

He placed my hand on his shoulder gently before clutching my waist with his other hand. He brought us closer, a little but enough for the both of us to hear each other's heart beating. The moment in itself was so beautiful that nothing else mattered. The voice in my head disappeared and so did everyone else in the room. It was just me and him along with the soft, poetry like music playing. His brown eyes gazed at me lovingly and so did mine.

"You're beautiful." He whispered. His breath hitting my face and I blushed.

"Thank you." I whispered back but this wasn't just for the compliment he had given me now. NO. This was for everything he did, for how he made me smile, for how he made me feel amazing and most of all for how he fell in love with me and took me with him. I was thanking him for everything.